Sponsored

Ford ESP Warranty Plan Price Increase (Updated)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So, @Snoopy49, Do they email the documents to you or are they going to send via mail?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Mine showed up in an e-mail as soon as I placed the order.

If I remember correctly there is a workaround for the FL problem. Flood may be able to explain it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Mine showed up in an e-mail as soon as I placed the order.

If I remember correctly there is a workaround for the FL problem. Flood may be able to explain it.
way ahead in that dept.... I received the confirmation email, but I would imagine supporting documents would have to be sent. I was wondering if that was by mail or email.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
way ahead in that dept.... I received the confirmation email, but I would imagine supporting documents would have to be sent. I was wondering if that was by mail or email.
Contract, invoice and booklet all were sent via email. There is a link to open the pdf for you to print out. i wouldn't expect anything in the snail mail, I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Contract, invoice and booklet all were sent via email. There is a link to open the pdf for you to print out. i wouldn't expect anything in the snail mail, I could be wrong but I dont think I am.
On a side note, did you receive your wing yet?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
On a side note, did you receive your wing yet?
Not yet I checked up with them alomost 3 wks ago and they are behind because of covid restrictions, based on their timeline they should be done with it by next week. They said they were working on the mounting hardware. So I'm patient, I'll post to the thread once it comes in.

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I have or had Fords ESP on my 13` Shelby as well as 2 other Fords I've owned. I printed the confirmation email Flood Ford sent me but I've never needed to present it.
Once a Ford dealer puts in your VIN, it automatically shows the ESP.
One thing I'll mention, I would recommend getting the Bulb option. The HID lighting components can get pricey if paying out of pocket.
(once you get your contract, that box will come unchecked, meaning you have that coverage)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I have or had Fords ESP on my 13` Shelby as well as 2 other Fords I've owned. I printed the confirmation email Flood Ford sent me but I've never needed to present it.
Once a Ford dealer puts in your VIN, it automatically shows the ESP.
One thing I'll mention, I would recommend getting the Bulb option. The HID lighting components can get pricey if paying out of pocket.
(once you get your contract, that box will come unchecked, meaning you have that coverage)
I think that was one of the zero cost options. There were a lot of freebees. The only thing I didn't opt for was the extended rental car option. This warranty purchase was for my base GT350R, so not a lot of bells and whistles (technology). I generally prefer to turn my own wrenches, so unless it is something big, I probably wont use it anyway. I have heard the condenser is a pain in the ass to swap out, you know, stuff like that.

The GT500 has the full 8 years, but only 36K on the warranty. So I should look at maybe updating that. Does anyone know if I can use Flood Ford to update (increase the miles) on an existing ESP?

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I think that was one of the zero cost options. There were a lot of freebees. The only thing I didn't opt for was the extended rental car option. This warranty purchase was for my base GT350R, so not a lot of bells and whistles (technology). I generally prefer to turn my own wrenches, so unless it is something big, I probably wont use it anyway. I have heard the condenser is a pain in the ass to swap out, you know, stuff like that.

The GT500 has the full 8 years, but only 36K on the warranty. So I should look at maybe updating that. Does anyone know if I can use Flood Ford to update (increase the miles) on an existing ESP?
Yes you're correct Tom on the $0 cost on the bulb upgrade. I believe that was around a $40 upgrade on my `13 Shelby Premium Care.
I unfortunately do not the answer to your last question.

Sponsored

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Where did you guys go to buy the warranty? I've never dealt with an extended warranty as I normally mod the power train but at the moment these motors and transmissions seem pretty spendy. Would like to get mine extended as well.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Because we live in Florida. I dont think we can shop outside the state lines for warranty. At least that is how it was explained to me.
You are correct

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
@Snoopy49

Thanks again, it worked. I received my email with receipts and confirmation that my VIN was included into the ESP database.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
For those wanting to increase the mileage limit on an existing ESP.
You just need to contact Flood and you will have to pay the difference between the 2 mileage options plus a $50 transfer fee. The criteria is that the car must still be covered by the factory 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.
Sponsored