Ford drops CFHP for 2022

36382mm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt500
Just tell me why anyone would want a CFHP ? It did not appear to be all that great a thing or am I missing something ?
No ricer wing (no offense to cftp owners) but has the carbon fiber wheels and the rarest.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve never understood the reference to a ”ricer” wing. I guess every car in the WEC has “ricer” wings. F1 for that matter as well.

No ricer wing (no offense to cftp owners) but has the carbon fiber wheels and the rarest.

Sponsored

4petesnake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFHP, 2005 E46 M3
Well I really wanted the CF wheels but needed the rear seats and prefer the swing w/ gurney over the CF wing. So instead of buying a base and buying aftermarket wheels, I would’ve preferred the CFHP. Not a big deal but that’s why I would’ve ordered.
Plus they’re likely going to be the rarest S550 GT500 if that matters to you.
-J
Same reasons here, CF wheels are biggest performance benefit and do look cool in black matching other gloss black parts, also able to get heated/cooled seats which are easily swapped with Recaros making it versatile.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Just tell me why anyone would want a CFHP ? It did not appear to be all that great a thing or am I missing something ?
I too wanted the CF wheels and not the giant wing. I guess I am back to a base car unless somehow my small town dealership can swing me a CFTP. If so, I will take it with the giant wing.
I ain't holding my breath on that one though.

Not too keen on a HE car since it is just stripes and a special color which I am not the biggest fan of.

Last edited:

misuracaf10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
Interesting. I wonder if they didn't have enough blem wheels to justify it?
pretty sure carbon revolution announced a modification in the manufacturing process that leads to consistent near perfect weaves on their wheels. with this improvement there are no CFHP wheels to be had

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Until someone can actually confirm the RUMOR of “no CFTP with HE” any statement to such should be squashed. Not one person has provided any evidence that this is a true statement.

Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
For those that were somehow able to obtain one - good for you. Beyond that, Ford has done a great job of pissing everybody off with the "Golden Ticket" and allocation bullshit pretty much across the board. Just watch....it hasn't been announced yet but I sense there will be games played with the Heritage Edition. I'd be shocked if Ford doesn't limit orders on them.
they did with the GT350 Edition

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Until someone can actually confirm the RUMOR of “no CFTP with HE” any statement to such should be squashed. Not one person has provided any evidence that this is a true statement.
How about we just read the order guide and it states two separate charge codes and not one with both.

1637694319061.png

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
They are two separate packages.
Correct. These are all different packages. See how Ford separated the two (Heritage) with and w/o stripes. They would of done this with the CFTP Heritage edition if it was available. This isn't a rumor as they clearly didn't add it so its not available. I ordered a 2022 and I asked and was told the same thing
That doesn’t answer the question
Yes it does as it isn't there. You can go on and think since it wasn't added that there is a chance it might be added or need someone to explicitly say no. Maybe we should see if there is an AWD model as it isn't there also?