OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
That's the only reason I can think of to go back to that shop, but even then ...

Would be interested to hear what modifications you have done and if the shop knows about them though. Did they mention them at all?

Seems in the USA Ford dealers have a more relaxed attitude to modifications that should not affect the issue at hand, while here I was (kindly) warned about my non-original oil drain plug. :-/
Nothing too drastic it is lowered on Ford performance spec springs and has a H pipe. The rest of the mods are purely cosmetic in terms of spoilers and splitters.

The dealer made no reference to the mods other than because itā€™s lowered they can only get it on one of their ramps which is causing some of the delays !
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Nothing too drastic it is lowered on Ford performance spec springs and has a H pipe. The rest of the mods are purely cosmetic in terms of spoilers and splitters.

The dealer made no reference to the mods other than because itā€™s lowered they can only get it on one of their ramps which is causing some of the delays !
what, they dont have a couple of planks they could use to ramp onto the ramps? Unbelievable. Time for a new garage for you

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
That is a surprise! Used car values are rising quickly at the moment, it should be worth Ā£2.5k more because of the delay!
yeah, thatā€™s what I thought?? It went up to Ā£41,515 and is now down to Ā£38,595.
theyve had it for nearly a month now and it still isnā€™t fixed. Am I entitled to compensation in the form of something other than a service at an incompetent dealer?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
yeah, thatā€™s what I thought?? It went up to Ā£41,515 and is now down to Ā£38,595.
theyve had it for nearly a month now and it still isnā€™t fixed. Am I entitled to compensation in the form of something other than a service at an incompetent dealer?
I got money back when Ford had mine on 2 separate occasions, 2018 and 2019. It was in and out but i think it was 10 weeks in total.

really have to make and argue your case. My point was that i had paid 2.5 months for mustang ownership and they had me driving around in a mini clubman, the horror

won myself enough for a set of MPS4S

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I think you underestimate the average forum member - I think most would be crazy mad ... ! :curse:

I would be very upset about that (big understatement) - I really do hope you get it sorted.

WD :like:
....yea, me for one.
I would have already been to the GM and been in contact with Ford.
Knowing me, as was stated, I would have had the SM acknowledge
there was no damage to the car when brought in.
NO excuse for this type of damage...........................................:computerrage:

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I seriously believe the main dealer network in this country will kill Ford. I cant go into detail but I now know of another Mustang that has gone in for a body repair and come out covered in overspray, scratched and had scratches done by them repaired with a paintbrush!!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I seriously believe the main dealer network in this country will kill Ford. I cant go into detail but I now know of another Mustang that has gone in for a body repair and come out covered in overspray, scratched and had scratches done by them repaired with a paintbrush!!
Sadly Ford are cutting dealer numbers from around 400 to 250 and we all know who the 400 will be. The big chains that shift large numbers and provide zero customer service.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly Ford are cutting dealer numbers from around 400 to 250 and we all know who the 400 will be. The big chains that shift large numbers and provide zero customer service.
Ok, so the failure of Ford will come even quicker then? Have you guys ever experienced other dealerships with a reputation as bad we all know who?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so the failure of Ford will come even quicker then? Have you guys ever experienced other dealerships with a reputation as bad we all know who?
Yes!

Most large chain dealerships are awful, but they make the right sounds to car makers so get the business.

Best service has always come from small family owned dealers (Ford and other)

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Slightly bemused by folk who have a poor experience with a dealership. Then they go back.
What was that thing about repeating something & expecting a different outcome??

Jacksons Ford, Henley in Arden have been good, ime.
They're not local to me, but how far would one travel to engage a good dealership?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I got money back when Ford had mine on 2 separate occasions, 2018 and 2019. It was in and out but i think it was 10 weeks in total.

really have to make and argue your case. My point was that i had paid 2.5 months for mustang ownership and they had me driving around in a mini clubman, the horror

won myself enough for a set of MPS4S

unless you paid for the car outright and not on finance when they tell you to go sit on a penis instead.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My experience is a little different than what seems to be the common theme in the thread above, but I will add it here for discussion and for an alternative view.

Dealer = Bristol Street (Bolton).

No previous history with them.

Started to build a relationship with the sales person (i.e. mither the shit out of them lol) in 2017. Laid my cards on the table - what interested me / what didnā€™t / when I would be ready to buy etc.

Over the next two years I got phone calls when certain cars came in with features I was interested in looking at (rather than viewing in the brochure), recaro / facelift / magneride etc.

They knew I was serious when need for green was out and grabber lime was coming, they also knew I was going to view grabber lime in the states etc.

Got back from the states, laid my cards on the table again i.e. I would bring them my business if we could work out a deal and if I suspected anything less than their best, it would mean me walking etc. I explained this to my sales person and I was given the opportunity to explain it to the sales manager.

They offered me a better deal on a factory order than what they could offer me on an unsold showroom car. We negotiated some extras and I signed on the same day.

They kept in regular contact with me though the covid closers etc.

They met every pre delivery instruction - view as it came off the truck / no body prep / no plate mounting etc etc.

It had delivery paint damage. I laid out my cards again, they explained it to the body shop, they allowed me to deal directly with the body shop owner and see every stage and take photos, receive their photos etc etc.

There was interior delivery damage which was the first time I got a sniff that the dealership head ā€˜mightā€™ try to be evasive, so I laid out my cards again and everything was quickly resolved / approved.

They were very accommodating with the delivery damage claims and worked with me, also putting a lot of trust in me - I donā€™t want to go into details online.

Everything is now done - the lead time on some parts was very long, hindered by the supply chain having some issues putting the right parts in the right boxes on stuff that came from the states, but I canā€™t blame the dealer for that.

Over that process I have also built up a great relationship with the parts manager, he was also very influential with the in-house and off site warranty work and how accommodating they were with me.

At no time did any of the discussions get tricky, when I laid my cards out I was simply honest and fair, but also firm.

I hope I donā€™t get any issues with the car (unlikely ā€¦ lol) but if I do, I hope the service I have recived to date will continue.

I was a cash buyer / outright purchase / no part exchange etc.

WD :like:

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
So in brief my car had to go in to Bristol Street Ford in Worcester for some warranty work earlier this month.

I asked them not to clean the car and when I cleaned it after I got back I noticed several areas of minor damage that I know was incurred whilst in their care.

This minor damage included deep gouges to both side skirts interestingly in the exact same sport both sides, a noticeable chip in the paintwork on top of the wing, several pushpin clips from the front splash guards missing both sides, and the lower decal partly peeling back.

Appreciate some on here may look at the pictures and think whatā€™s he complaining about, but as someone who genuinely takes pride in my car I was raging mad spotting the damage.
Iā€™m sure many on here are the same that you know the condition of every inch on your car and can spot new damage a mile off even if it is trivial.

I contacted the dealership and after they had spoken to the Technician, who claims it wasnā€™t him and the damage was already there on arrival, they are washing their hands of it and not interested in listening to me !

I did say to the garage Iā€™m only really interested in getting the offside sideskirt with the deep gouge in replaced the rest Iā€™m happy to let slide. Even then they just batted off my complaint.

I held off posting anything
on here until I concluded my complaint process with said garage. But it appears the dealership are completely disinterested with my complaint and happy just to fob me off!

58446806-37D1-487F-B004-72D96521CC85.jpeg
4F46AB70-096F-4614-AE39-2BB553F0DFB7.jpeg
FA782963-49F6-4686-97BC-29F29350DD69.jpeg
D934BFBA-9E3A-41A5-BBD1-637B734DC90B.jpeg
86245842-2279-4BBC-AA82-84515B3050C3.jpeg
E27C46F0-7295-4B31-B1A5-2EC9EAF82064.jpeg
99F34A6F-AC70-47F6-BF5E-DD3BF99F9B1E.jpeg

Has anyone had any experience of successfully escalating this type of claim and any tips you can pass on ?
DC78A68B-054B-4BB1-B65E-63F32696700D.jpeg

3FEFAEC3-4201-4E59-A8EA-E30CD71BF006.jpeg
what did they do , drive it through the paddock?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Slightly bemused by folk who have a poor experience with a dealership. Then they go back.
What was that thing about repeating something & expecting a different outcome??

Jacksons Ford, Henley in Arden have been good, ime.
They're not local to me, but how far would one travel to engage a good dealership?
Completely agree - Elkins Ford in Westbury and Peter Stirland in Hungerford are both very good
Sponsored