Sponsored

Ford Dealer Damaged My Car - Bristol Street Ford Worcester

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
That’s exactly my thoughts too that this was caused by the lift arm swinging into the sideskirt both sides !

UPDATE

I have a meeting with the dealership manager Friday to discuss this issue and ways to settle the matter ! Amazing what a 1 star review on Google does ! Fingers crossed it will be resolved favourably, and it’s disappointing that to get action you have to resort to a social media campaign !

If they resolve it favourably I’ll remove the negative comments as I think that’s only fair.
Sometimes incidents happen, what I was raging about was the way they dismissed my complaint !
Please, for the sake of others, don't remove your review. That experience is a genuine experience other people can expect from that place of business. If they wanted to keep a clean image, they would have helped you in the first place. The next guy might not get so lucky.

They deserve 1 star. Keep it that way please!
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Audi centre I use to take my car to.
Resorted to taking video of the car, at hand over.

An indepedant shop I use, has a camera for each lift.
If the tech screws up, it's captured on video.

A camera watching the lift, would have probably caught the tech damaging your car.
I don't see how you gouge the top of the lower side trim, jacking your car on your drive.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Either they fix the damage or take them to small claims court. That meeting on Friday should last less than 30 seconds. Expect them to deny responsibility as I can't imagine they want a meeting with you to tell you they are going to fix the damage. You are going to get a brush off.

Price out replacement parts and labor and come up with a number and tell them that is what you will be suing them for. I'd even print out the small claims paperwork and bring it with you so you can flash it at them. Let them know you are serious.

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Either they fix the damage or take them to small claims court. That meeting on Friday should last less than 30 seconds. Expect them to deny responsibility as I can't imagine they want a meeting with you to tell you they are going to fix the damage. You are going to get a brush off.

Price out replacement parts and labor and come up with a number and tell them that is what you will be suing them for. I'd even print out the small claims paperwork and bring it with you so you can flash it at them. Let them know you are serious.
In fairness they rang me and offered the meeting so I’m hopeful this may be a positive gesture !

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Just to update I met with the dealership manager today and to be fair to him he was great very professional and genuinely cared from what I could tell.

I explained my theory was that the car was damaged by the Technician booting the lift arms in and in turn they’ve bashed into the sideskirts both sides.

He looked at the damage and agreed this looked the likely cause. In response they’ve apologised, and agreed to replace the damaged sideskirt align with providing some paint to repair the damage to the wing too.

All booked in for two weeks time.

Shame it has had to get the this stage but the way it’s been dealt with by the overall manager has been faultless so far !

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I know what I say won't help but they should always come out and record mileage and any obvious damage.

This is why you should always wash the car before giving to dealership with instructions not to wash again. That way you can highlight any existing damage.

Then when you pick the car up, you do a walk over and if there is any damage. Leave the car there.

My Ford dealership always do a walk around. Even though I have an excellent relationship with them and trust them to take great care.

You aren't being picky. The way I see it, the car should always come out better than what it was when it went in to a dealership.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Reading stories like this makes me sick. It must be a Bristol Street thing? My GT had a dented door when I bought it. Cut a long story short, they replaced the door and painted the whole side of the car.. fair enough.. Then, on closer inspection I found parts of trim flapping about because of missing clips or screws, broken trim glued back together with araldite and superglue, swirls over the rest of the bodywork and overspray everywhere.

I so wish I'd spotted the door before paying, but I didn't. The car was bought cash, they did what they had to do and I had no reason to complain, I also had no comeback. I complained to the dealer management and got all the damaged/broken parts replaced and fitted them myself. FFS the bodyshop didn't even get the window shut right.. I had to adjust that as it wouldn't fully close. If I had a recall on my Raptor that was more than just a plug in, I'd take it elsewhere. If the Mustang had a recall I'd ignore it.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OP, you have every right to be pissed. Any dealer should understand when a customer requests their car to not be washed, wiped, or "cleaned" in any manner. It may be just another Mustang to most people, but some of us obsess.

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
UPDATE

So not good news at all !

Firstly at the weekend I noticed my exhaust back boxes had rotated notably with the exhaust tips way out of alignment with the back bumper.

As a result I dropped the car into my local exhaust shop this afternoon to find to my horror the centre exhaust clamp bolts were all finger tight loose !

So yet another bit of poor workmanship by the Ford Main Dealer as they will have certainly removed the exhaust system as part of the gearbox repair and not bothered to tighten up the bolts on the clamps.

The other annoying news is my car was supposed to have gone in today for the repair work but the sideskirts are out of stock at present and on back order so I don’t have a date when the repair work will be done.

To say I’m less than impressed today is an understatement !

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Why would you take it in for repair at this place again after, in addition to the other stuff, you've found out it was only a matter of time before your exhaust would be scraping the road, or worse?

I'd take whatever parts I could get from them and run, not walk, virtually anywhere else.
After having my gearbox "repaired" at a place like this, I'd be praying to Buddha every single time I shifted gears.

Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Don't give them the opportunity to further screw up your car. They've proven they aren't worth a shit.

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
The dealership are not actually doing the repair it will be going to a separate Ford Bodyshop in Gloucester which hopefully resolved that concern.

The issue I have is if I take the parts and sort it myself, if I then discover further issues relating to the original repair work I will be in a difficult position to prove it was the main dealer at fault and not the garage I used.

Best to get them to rectify all the issues in my mind.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
true, but afterwards id either do the work yourself or find someone you trust. I do everything myself unless I physically can't or need specialized tools

Dtmlloyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 2500 high country
Most garages now days have cameras in the work shop I would demand to see them! If it happens again. I took my trunk in for oil change and tire rotation and they didn’t do the tries. They tried to tell me they did! I had marked them so I got service manager demanded to see the camera. I was right and they never made it right with me !

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I can offer you this, if you want to check the work over, I can offer you access to my setup.

20201020_121756.jpg

20201213_193815.jpg
Sponsored