Sponsored

Ford Dealer Damaged My Car - Bristol Street Ford Worcester

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Slightly bemused by folk who have a poor experience with a dealership. Then they go back.
What was that thing about repeating something & expecting a different outcome??
It's more a case of HAVING to go back. When you foolishly put your trust in a dealership and they mess up, it's down to them to put it right. However, saying that I will NEVER put another vehicle of mine anywhere near Bristol Street Gloucester's body shop.

And now with my Raptor experience I will never buy another Ford.
Sponsored

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Slightly bemused by folk who have a poor experience with a dealership. Then they go back.
What was that thing about repeating something & expecting a different outcome??

Jacksons Ford, Henley in Arden have been good, ime.
They're not local to me, but how far would one travel to engage a good dealership?
If you've had a problem with a dealer then you have to keep going back to them to get it resolved because they're a franchise and Ford won't move you to another dealer. If you take the car elsewhere yourself you need to pay to get it fixed; you're essentially 'locked in' until any issue is resolved.

The other problem is Ford only allow Ford Stores to work on Mustangs for anything more than routine servicing, unfortunately Jacksons are excluded from doing a lot of the warranty work on Mustangs which is a real shame.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The other problem is Ford only allow Ford Stores to work on Mustangs for anything more than routine servicing, unfortunately Jacksons are excluded from doing a lot of the warranty work on Mustangs which is a real shame.
If you specifically request that a non-Ford Store dealer does the work Ford will usually approve it. Same with sales - if you request a specific dealer to sell the car it will be done through that dealer. The downside is the dealer doesn't get much out of it, and warranty work is very poorly paid anyway so they may just prefer not to.

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you specifically request that a non-Ford Store dealer does the work Ford will usually approve it. Same with sales - if you request a specific dealer to sell the car it will be done through that dealer. The downside is the dealer doesn't get much out of it, and warranty work is very poorly paid anyway so they may just prefer not to.
I specifically requested a non-Ford Store dealer carry out warranty work, I was specifically told to go swivel by Ford, who in turn contacted the dealer and told them to go swivel too.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I specifically requested a non-Ford Store dealer carry out warranty work, I was specifically told to go swivel by Ford, who in turn contacted the dealer and told them to go swivel too.
Same here. I went back to ThinkFord in Guldford 3 times for my original warranty issue (water ingress). I wasn't forced to go back there but these visits were all in a relatively short period - I got the car back, decided the issue wasn't fixed so told them to look again. Needless to say, when winter rolled around and the extreme condensation showed itself again, I knew that Guildford had failed.

Straight on the phone to Ford demanding a capable dealership have it this time. Peter Stirland Ford did a grand job, could not fault them, and they went above and beyond - I believe putting in much more time and effort than Ford would have signed off for warranty work.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Same here. I went back to ThinkFord in Guldford 3 times for my original warranty issue (water ingress). I wasn't forced to go back there but these visits were all in a relatively short period - I got the car back, decided the issue wasn't fixed so told them to look again. Needless to say, when winter rolled around and the extreme condensation showed itself again, I knew that Guildford had failed.

Straight on the phone to Ford demanding a capable dealership have it this time. Peter Stirland Ford did a grand job, could not fault them, and they went above and beyond - I believe putting in much more time and effort than Ford would have signed off for warranty work.
Can only second Peter Stirland, not a Ford Store, but sell and maintain plenty of Mustangs

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
If you've had a problem with a dealer then you have to keep going back to them to get it resolved because they're a franchise and Ford won't move you to another dealer. If you take the car elsewhere yourself you need to pay to get it fixed; you're essentially 'locked in' until any issue is resolved.

I did use the acronym "ime" in my post and Jacksons have carried out all the servicing and warranty work on my GT.
It's a real pisser folk get poor service from a dealership and as we know, these issues are not restricted to just Ford's dealer network.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
And now with my Raptor experience I will never buy another Ford.
you're not the only one i've had mostly fords on and off for 25 years and after the service, treatment, and costs i've incurred at fords hands and their lack of willingness to even discuss refunding let alone compensating.
I've pulled my entire fleet from ford about 100ish vans and all my personal business.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline

...I have 3 dealers in 50 miles of me and several within 100 miles.
It is a journey anywhere, so if I was to need warranty work, I'd have to choose.
My oil change place CarFaxes and lists on whatever to show the car
was cared for.

For me, Ford vehicles have always been reliable....................:clap:

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did use the acronym "ime" in my post and Jacksons have carried out all the servicing and warranty work on my GT.
It's a real pisser folk get poor service from a dealership and as we know, these issues are not restricted to just Ford's dealer network.
I did use the words "excluded from doing a lot of the warranty work on Mustangs", doesn't mean they're excluded from doing all warranty work on Mustangs :like:

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I did use the words "excluded from doing a lot of the warranty work on Mustangs", doesn't mean they're excluded from doing all warranty work on Mustangs :like:
You did indeed, go you!
They say imitation is a form of flattery :sunglasses:

Go on then, what exactly does Ford forbid a non Ford store from dealing with, under warranty?
:clap:

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You did indeed, go you!
They say imitation is a form of flattery :sunglasses:

Go on then, what exactly does Ford forbid a non Ford store from dealing with, under warranty?
:clap:
Ooof, someone is not happy :crackup:

Lighten up, all I did was offer an explanation as to why even after experiencing issues some people end up having to go back to the same dealer and explain Ford don't always let non Ford stores carry out warranty work :crackup:
Sponsored