Sponsored

Ford Chief Design Officer resigns

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Maybe he'll take Farley with him... Yea, I know. Wishful thinking.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I may be wrong on it, but I see this as Ford saying that they feel the design of the 7G Mustang was a bit of a miss.

I want Ford to come out with a new Mustang I will love. Hopefully the current generation isn't the last gasp.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Agree with the posters above.

Yes, the 7g is a complete let down. They took a stellar design and then mixed in GM, Mopar and Hyundai to bland it up and make it unrecognizable to Ford faithful. It could have been so much more and stand out; instead it just blends in with all the other brands. Completely missed the mark.

Never like to see someone lose their job, but hopefully he’s replaced with someone that can maybe take a little risk and make the next gen (or fix this one!) stand out and make true enthusiasts WANT to spend the ridiculous amounts of money they’re asking for these.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Not to be a …., but with that resume why would you hire him in the first place. I’m going to call it a dei hire. Not quite as bad, but reminds me of the whole probe debacle.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I may be wrong on it, but I see this as Ford saying that they feel the design of the 7G Mustang was a bit of a miss.

I want Ford to come out with a new Mustang I will love. Hopefully the current generation isn't the last gasp.
Well it certainly didn't help that the high lords of the castle decided that certain hardpoints from the S550 HAD to remain in order to simplify production and save money. I get why they did that, but when you constrain the design language like that, there aren't a ton of options to differentiate from what came before.

I have heard they're languishing on lots, although I suspect that's more of the economic downturn/interest rates than people not liking them. An equivalent car to the one I bought in 2020 would run me over $44,000 with a lovely 7% interest rate. The new car certainly came at precisely the wrong time.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes, I think you're right that COVID pricing is more of the culprit if sales are slow along with high interest rates moreso than any big problems with the styling. I have a stronger objection to Ford's pricing and current mechanical build choices than I do to the styling of the new Mustang. I don't mind the styling - I think it's fine.

But I don't think the pricing makes sense in light of what I paid for my 2017. It has 30,000 miles on it and I'm putting maybe 5,000 more on a year. So I definitely am not wearing it out anytime soon. The only reason to buy is to upgrade. If SS 1LE prices come down I might actually be more likely to trade my 2017 GT for a Camaro vs. buying an S650.
Sponsored