Sponsored

FORD, can we get a digital speedometer on our 2015's?

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
In lieu of being able to choose a digital speedo optional the nice Highway Patrolman let me know I was going exactly 92 in a 70. He said why was I going so fast, and I said because Ford left out the damn digital speedo!
I assume the officer said nice try :lol:
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Even the camaro comes with HUD speedometer! Mazdas also have them in some trims. I don't think it costs much to add one in factory...it would be a huge improvement for drivers, me thinks.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
My VF Holden has HUD, digital speedo and analog.....I always for some reason use the analog when I glance at my speed, I rarely ever use my HUD.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Even the camaro comes with HUD speedometer! Mazdas also have them in some trims. I don't think it costs much to add one in factory...it would be a huge improvement for drivers, me thinks.
Not if it's straight in front of you and you either have to see it all the time or teach yourself to ignore it anyway. Any fears over your current speed will turn it into a distraction, if perhaps only a mild one.

Get it out of central vision (like over by the A-pillar) and I'll agree that an "eyes up" location would be better than most anybody's in-dash instrumentation (analog or digital).

Norm

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Heads up would be sick! These gears in the PP are so short! But I'm starting to get use to shifting in the money spot!
It's really a gimmick in my opinion. I had it in my 2008 and 2015 Corvette's and it was cool at first but then became annoying. The red HUD flash for redline I do like in the GT350 and use as I'm not used to the 8250 redline yet. My brain was tuned to shift at 6500 on my Corvette's so once I get used to the sound of the 350 when it approaches redline, I'm fine.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Not if it's straight in front of you and you either have to see it all the time or teach yourself to ignore it anyway. Any fears over your current speed will turn it into a distraction, if perhaps only a mild one.

Get it out of central vision (like over by the A-pillar) and I'll agree that an "eyes up" location would be better than most anybody's in-dash instrumentation (analog or digital).

Norm
Well, that's true...I think it would be better if it's not dead center. I have to admit that at first, it felt pretty weird in the camaro (my cousin's), but after a while, I sort of "tuned it out" and began driving normal, looking at the horizon, occasionally paying attention to the HUD.

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
So I didn't want to read 24 pages of comments so maybe someone has already said this. I too miss a digital Speedo, coming from an Audi I made some sacrifices but I didn't expect a digital speedo to be one. Haha. Anyway I have been looking at getting the pillar gauge pod from American muscle and then getting a GPS digital speedo gauge to put in. Has anyone done this? Thoughts?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Wish my GT's speedo was that accurate. Whenever I put it in cruise control, the needle is always sitting a few mph higher.
Same with my 2015 Ecoboost, it's off a bit.

Sponsored

5.0Nasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Triple Yellow Eco Vert
The only reason it frustrates me on the 2015+ is it obviously has the capability. When you set cruise it displays in digital, and in "maintenance mode" or whatever it's called it can display it.
But now that I've got an Ngauge I use the speedo on that.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
You bitched, Ford heard.

So quit your bltching and upgrade to a 2018 to get it. Like I said before, they gotta give you a little with each model, so you have a reason to upgrade.

New-Ford-Mustang-12-inch-LCD-digital-instrument-cluster-in-Normal-View-640x256.jpg

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Same with my 2015 Ecoboost, it's off a bit.
It's not innacurate, you're just not looking straight at it since its offset to the side. Move your head to the right and it reads spot on.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
You bitched, Ford heard.

So quit your bltching and upgrade to a 2018 to get it. Like I said before, they gotta give you a little with each model, so you have a reason to upgrade.

New-Ford-Mustang-12-inch-LCD-digital-instrument-cluster-in-Normal-View-640x256.jpg
Or wait for the parts to be available and do the upgrade...video it so we can all see and learn :clap2:
Sponsored