For those who installed a Vortech

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt; 1965 mustang fastback
I just started installing the CARB legal vortech kit on a 2020 GT. I have an install question for those who have installed this kit or for those with insight: I have to “modify” the pcv hose with the blue tabs that is on the passenger side. I currently have an oil catch can attached to the pcv hose. Did you guys modify the hose and incorporate your catch can or did you omit the catch can and simply modified the pcv hose? In other words, what did you guys do? Any help is appreciated .
Here’s some day one pics of install.

IMG_2512.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg
Sponsored

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
It should be similar to other SC installs. Just follow Vortech’s install instructions. You’ll be modifying the hose on the clean side of the catch can. No tee fittings between the valve cover and the dirty side of the can.

You can extend the dirty hose to relocate the can. There may be a check valve. Now’s a good opportunity to add a drain hose/valve for easy maintenance.

I recommend thoroughly cleaning the can so you have a clean slate to monitor the new boosted setup.

Good luck! Should be a fun install.

OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
All boosted setups I vent to atmosphere. I would not recirculate anything.
This is what I decided to do. Im going to do it per vortech instructions and omit the can.

Sponsored

OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
Day 2 install.

Got the head unit bolted on, catch can, blow off valve, BAP, and almost got to getting the intercooler on. For those interested, it’s being done by myself and two other buddies. We literally spend half the time working and the other half talking and drinking, in case someone questions the amount of wrk done in a day. This project is really an excuse for lifelong buddies to hangout. Here’s some pics:

IMG_2524.jpeg

IMG_2525.jpeg

IMG_2526.jpeg

IMG_2527.jpeg

OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
Day 3

Didnt make too much progress today. We got the injectors, spark plugs, PCV hose, and intercooler done. We could have gotten more accomplished but after breaking one of the supplied clamps, I opted to replace all the supplied clamps with constant torque clamps. I didn’t get any pics today because I forgot, but tomorrow I will upload a few.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Sounds good. Good luck. I along with my cousin installed mine a stage 2 p1X. They make it sound so easy it was literally a nightmare 🤣🤣. If you want a video of certain areas and what it should look like installed just let me know I’ll go out to my car and take one for you.

OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good. Good luck. I along with my cousin installed mine a stage 2 p1X. They make it sound so easy it was literally a nightmare 🤣🤣. If you want a video of certain areas and what it should look like installed just let me know I’ll go out to my car and take one for you.
I appreciate the help. While the install is not difficult per se, it is very time consuming and some minor modifications do need to be done for a cleaner look. Having the necessary tools is honestly half the battle. I’ve been using the video by CJ pony parts on YouTube as a reference.

Sponsored

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
They don’t tell you that it needs a lot of modification. I had to fight and cut a lot of the plastic/rubber tubing

OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
They don’t tell you that it needs a lot of modification. I had to fight and cut a lot of the plastic/rubber tubing
This is the main reason I’m glad I did the install myself. I highly doubt any speed shop would have taken their time to do it as cleanly as we have.
Sponsored