? for One Ethanol fuel users

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hopefully I’ll get some input here on this topic, so here it goes. To One Ethanol fuel users, are you guys seeing a noticeable increase in performance running One Ethanol S and/or R, as compared to pump E85 (which we all know usually fluctuates in Ethanol content)? For example, I filled up at the pump yesterday and got E60 Ethanol content. I just ordered several pails of One Ethanol S in preparation for getting my nitrous tune for a 150 shot. My thinking was that R would be a little more than what would be needed for my power level. I plan to run true E85 whenever I am using nitrous btw. Lastly, how much fuel is everyone running in their gas tank for racing? I’ve heard horror stories about people leaning out, for not having enough fuel in their tank. I would rather run heavy with fuel to make sure I have plenty to avoid any issues. Thanks In advance for your input.
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
The key is to measure the pump's ethanol content. You'll be able adjust the tune to make more power safer on the higher ethanol content. The biggest benefit to pailed e85 is assured ethanol content. If you get tuned for e85 and one day at the pump it's 85% and the next it's 71%, you may run into issues.

I test at the pump before using. If it's e85 or better, I have no fear using it. I do also keep One Ethanol R around for the comfort of a perfect ethanol blend.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The key is to measure the pump's ethanol content. You'll be able adjust the tune to make more power safer on the higher ethanol content. The biggest benefit to pailed e85 is assured ethanol content. If you get tuned for e85 and one day at the pump it's 85% and the next it's 71%, you may run into issues.

I test at the pump before using. If it's e85 or better, I have no fear using it. I do also keep One Ethanol R around for the comfort of a perfect ethanol blend.
Thanks turnswrench! I do normally take my test kit and test at the pump. I have been lucky and gotten 84.7% a few times, but most of the time pump E85 has ranged from 60%-72.5%. During those times, I just stay on my Flex tune to play it safe.

Are you using the One Ethanol to supplement pump E85 when racing, or are you strictly running on One Ethanol? I’m open to blending, in order to conserve my pailed E85, but would need to figure out the best way to do so. It would be great If I could find a few stations with at least 75% consistently and maybe increase that content to 85% by adding a single 5 gal. pail.

How much fuel do you run in the tank when racing?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Thanks turnswrench! I do normally take my test kit and test at the pump. I have been lucky and gotten 84.7% a few times, but most of the time pump E85 has ranged from 60%-72.5%. During those times, I just stay on my Flex tune to play it safe.

Are you using the One Ethanol to supplement pump E85 when racing, or are you strictly running on One Ethanol? I’m open to blending, in order to conserve my pailed E85, but would need to figure out the best way to do so. It would be great If I could find a few stations with at least 75% consistently and maybe increase that content to 85% by adding a single 5 gal. pail.

How much fuel do you run in the tank when racing?
I only have 85% or better in my tank during race season whether it's pump or pail. I typically only use the One Ethanol for tuning or a track day since I can get true e85 from pump. When preparing for a track day, I try to have ~ 1/2 tank in the car total of which 5 gallons is One Ethanol R minimum.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I only have 85% or better in my tank during race season whether it's pump or pail. I typically only use the One Ethanol for tuning or a track day since I can get true e85 from pump. When preparing for a track day, I try to have ~ 1/2 tank in the car total of which 5 gallons is One Ethanol R minimum.
Good info! Thanks; that’s what I was looking for.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you have a stock fuel module then you don’t need to have more than a1/4 tank. If you have a aftermarket setup then you would be safer around half or more. Pump e85 or pail will be the same benefits as long as it’s e85.
Just buy straight meth and add it to the pump fuel in your tank until you hit 85%

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if your at e85, your only going to get so much timing,

the fuel itself isn't going to really make more power, its the ability to run more timing. if your already at max timing, the fuel won't matter at say 7-800 wheel.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
if your at e85, your only going to get so much timing,

the fuel itself isn't going to really make more power, its the ability to run more timing. if your already at max timing, the fuel won't matter at say 7-800 wheel.
Copy that. Thanks Beef!
Sponsored