Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
https://accessories.ford.com/scoop-asy-hood-11503.html

I like it. I like it very, VERY much. But I'm hoping somebody has installed one, and can therefore tell me:

i) is it an easy install?
ii) any regrets?
iii) any signs of fading? (how long has it been on?)
iv) do you think it would be removable for re-sale before getting rid of the car?
v) any suggestions on a source for a better price? (the best I've found is around $299 which - for my budget - is a bit dear for this caliber of item

Any other feedback?

Many thanks!

P.S.:
If by chance there is a member who works somewhere that could perhaps save me some $$ on something like this...I would be very pleased to receive a PM from you. And I would find a way to make it worth your while.

I agree it's one of the best looking designs that fits the profile of the stock hood nicely.

Besides, what difference does it make if the scoop is not functional (as air inlet) to engine bay? We don't have 60's vehicles with carbs, so there's no direct air tract to the intake anyway. Also, if it were set up as a "MACH1" style of hood scoop, the air intake tract still would not be direct enough to matter.
Sponsored

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
I would be in for a group buy. I was on the fence about throwing a Black MMD on my RR GT but I think this one looks even better. Can't wait to see some pics

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Any actual pics of the 1/4 window louvers being discussed or from that link? Link has no pics.
Please do feel free to create your own thread relating to quarter window louvers, but I would appreciate you not inserting off-topic references into MY thread.
Many thanks!

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
Any actual pics of the 1/4 window louvers being discussed or from that link? Link has no pics.
Those are the scoops; I did a Google search based on the part numbers, which can be found in the PDF I linked earlier.

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please do feel free to create your own thread relating to quarter window louvers, but I would appreciate you not inserting off-topic references into MY thread.
Many thanks!
Stop acting like a child; that nonsense is only popular in the CarPlay thread. It would be sensible for this thread to evolve into a catchall discussion for all of the parts being released in this grouping, by this company retained by FoMoCo. It may be helpful in assessing our group buy options as well. Perhaps a vendor can offer a discount for 10 hood scoops, or instead work out a deal such as 5 hood scoops, 3 pairs of 1/4 scoops and 2 pairs of side scoops. Let's get creative here

Sponsored

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
You have raised a point I had not considered. And I understand the logic. However, name-calling (even if it isn't profane or discriminatory) is the ploy of the child. Perhaps you could have delivered your opinion in a more respectful manner.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
You have raised a point I had not considered. And I understand the logic. However, name-calling (even if it isn't profane or discriminatory) is the ploy of the child. Perhaps you could have delivered your opinion in a more respectful manner.

I don't have a dog in the hunt in this argument, and I am sure this will get deleted, but I would be remiss if I didn't point it out... Your post about name calling, inadvertently was a passive aggressive means of calling him a "child". Nothing against you man.. Just thought it was funny. I have an over-analytical mind. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Well gentlemen...it appears I have become the GB motivator! And that's okay - I am keen to score a deal, and the only way that'll happen is if we have several committed buyers. (And I mean "serious", not institutionalized)

So? Who's in, please? (ASAP if you would) Thanks!

Last edited:

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If we can get a Group Buy, I would be in for a Hood Scoop and a pair of 1/4 Window scoops. Even better if I can get that Hood Scoop painted Shadow Black

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Here's an unofficial list:

1) ronemca
2) HISSMAN
3) robb
4) chriseco
5) Cobra Jet
6) [S & L] Rustang
7) Dominant1
8) Southview
9) [S & L] Climbiterp
10) Zimm
11) [S & L] kingofsting

Sweet! Please post confirmations. And please also indicate whether you want scoop, louvers or both.

Also...

I anticipate that the scoops -- and very possibly the louvers as well -- will be unpainted-take-it-or-leave-it. But I am not 100% certain about this. Therefore...

I'd like to receive a PM from someone who can suggest where both the scoops and the louvers can be purchased, please. I think any supplier would be willing to shave down the pricing a respectable amount when presented with an order for more than a dozen pieces at once!

And to be clear...
I will either arrange something with a specific individual at the supplier, or I will procure a code. Then I will pass along the necessary savings info to the members of the cartel PRIVATELY. In any case, everyone will be responsible for sending payment and arranging his own shipping.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Good deal! I can't find a pic of the louvers anywhere.. or maybe the images are being blocked while I'm at work. Can someone link me to them... I may be in on those as well. Thanks [MENTION=26340]ronemca[/MENTION]

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I realize I may be mistaken, but I kinda get the feeling that some members are using the term "louvers" and the term "scoops" interchangeably...which is incorrect.

Just to be sure we're all on the same page:

With regard to items that go on the SIDE of the car, there are multiple options that cover the quarter window. There are "scoops" and there are "louvers". And each of those items exist in several different designs. Further, some are painted...some *can be* painted before shipping...and still others are UN-painted. (And like the hood scoop in this GB, cannot be ordered pre-painted)

Still on the SIDE of the car -- but now lower down behind the door latch -- there are add-on pieces that are also called "scoops", or "side scoops" or "quarter panel side scoops". And again - they are available painted and un-painted.

And then of course there is that big square panel on the hood that we've been discussing all along. And yes - this piece also exists in multiple configurations -- and comes painted or not - but within this GB we are looking at the FoMoCo p/n: VGR3Z-16C630-A.

Obviously the process of painting anything adds to the cost, so if you are surfing around the 'net - be aware of the difference so that you don't reject something because the price seems too high - it may be because you are looking at the price of a painted piece!

Technically, just about anything can be painted these days; the paint manufacturers have created products that'll cover just about anything. So if you are contemplating the purchase of something on this GB -- but don't want to pay the additional $60 or $70 or $80 for painting -- consider doing it yourself. Admittedly it may not turn out quite as nice, but OTOH you may be a master painter and not even know it! (or maybe you are a master painter!)

Just some food for thought.

(Wouldn't it be easier if the pieces for different areas of the car didn't share the same names?! Why couldn't it be hood SCOOP, quarter panel DUCT and quarter window SHADE or something?! Sheesh!) :headbonk:

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These pieces are not molded matte black, they are painted satin black - which means there is a possibility of getting these pieces pre-painted other OEM colors. Where is Levittown Ford? They should be in here helping to make this group buy a reality!

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
These pieces are not molded matte black, they are painted satin black - which means there is a possibility of getting these pieces pre-painted other OEM colors.
Excellent!I was hoping somebody would be able to clarify that! Thanks!
Where is Levittown Ford? They should be in here helping to make this group buy a reality!
I'm on it!
Sponsored