ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
https://accessories.ford.com/scoop-asy-hood-11503.html

I like it. I like it very, VERY much. But I'm hoping somebody has installed one, and can therefore tell me:

i) is it an easy install?
ii) any regrets?
iii) any signs of fading? (how long has it been on?)
iv) do you think it would be removable for re-sale before getting rid of the car?
v) any suggestions on a source for a better price? (the best I've found is around $299 which - for my budget - is a bit dear for this caliber of item

Any other feedback?

Many thanks!

P.S.:
If by chance there is a member who works somewhere that could perhaps save me some $$ on something like this...I would be very pleased to receive a PM from you. And I would find a way to make it worth your while.
Sponsored

Last edited:

chriseco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silver 6spd base ecoboost
Also Intrested if some one has a discount for this ? And any reviews on it

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
It looks like it's the Roush hood scoop. It's just a piece of aluminum you bolt on to the hood I believe (have to drill holes in your hood). You should be able to just search for Roush hood scoop and see the same thing. I highly doubt Ford just made one.

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
It looks like it's the Roush hood scoop. It's just a piece of aluminum you bolt on to the hood I believe (have to drill holes in your hood). You should be able to just search for Roush hood scoop and see the same thing. I highly doubt Ford just made one.
It's not the Roush scoop. This is part of a new set of scoops by AirDesign for Ford. Looks like everything is applied with tape; no bolts. The cheapest I've found the hood scoop for is around $280. I may buy one in the spring.

http://www.paulmachenry.com/documents/Hero/Exterior/2016%20Mustang%20Scoops%20V2.pdf

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Don't have to drill holes... I'm in. I wonder if the texture and look matches the rest of the black trim on the S550.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You can buy from one of our Ford parts sponsors on this forum <$300.

But... fake hood scoop...

Looks good but... give me a hood that has a real scoop there that looks just like the pix.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
You can buy from one of our Ford parts sponsors on this forum <$300.

But... fake hood scoop...

Looks good but... give me a hood that has a real scoop there that looks just like the pix.
What about the Cervini's Stalker hood?

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
The Roush scoop is narrower - it sits about 3/4" inside the two character lines on the hood. IMO it looks like the wrong scoop was installed when compared to the fitment of the FoMoCo scoop, because that one has angled edges like the bottom of a barge...and those angled edges rest against the character lines. Much better appearance if you ask me.

30shfya.jpg

Mind you, this is only a rough assessment based upon pretty danged small pictures, but as I mentioned - I really like the way the wider one sits.

As for attachment...

I am quite alright with double-sided tape as opposed to drilling/bolting. It's not gonna go anywhere if it has been installed properly (read: on cleaned wax-free surfaces) But that's merely an opinion - we don't all think the same way!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The pre-painted satin black color... ug! Gloss black, okay. The photo looks like matte.

Sponsored

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I normally wouldn't go for something like this, but I like the look of it, and reversible if you ever want to remove it.

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
It's just a thought. I am not in a position to dole out three hundred bucks for it, though. So I either need to find a smashing deal somewhere...or go without. After talking to a few dealers, it's looking like the latter. <sigh>

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Nice, I see they also have side scoops and they have colors listed so I wonder if that means prepainted. Says ready to paint in the description but they cost more than the ones that appear to be matte. $269 is the price but comes up as reduced $219 at the local dealer. Would definitely buy for that if painted!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Its a good price. I was considering the stalker hood but this one will cost less and also keeps me from having to store another stock hood with my 2012 stock hood from a cobra r hood upgrade. The color will work perfect with my ruby red gt /cs...

$299 @ tasca: http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/vgr3z16c630a

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
Its a good price. I was considering the stalker hood but this one will cost less and also keeps me from having to store another stock hood with my 2012 stock hood from a cobra r hood upgrade. The color will work perfect with my ruby red gt /cs...

$299 @ tasca: http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/vgr3z16c630a
It's even cheaper than that elsewhere. Also I've seen the 1/4 window scoops for about $160. Fantastic prices and I'm hoping FoMoCo or American Muscle offer prepainted options at a low cost. That hood scoop in gloss black is all I need to complete my look
Sponsored