Fog light covers

Redkeyboss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 /. Mach 1 on order
Anyone removed them? I had a 2013 Boss and they we very easy to pop in and out. I was thinking of doing something to them to spice them up ( since they seem to serve no purpose) . Anyway, I tried to insert flat head screwdriver ( inside a microfiber of course ) and twist and it is pretty snug so I backed off. Iā€™m just afraid Iā€™ll snap the tap off. I canā€™t figure out how the tab works. Any help appreciated.
Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I believe you have to remove them from the other side (inside). Since I happen to have one front grill in a closet, I took few pics to illustrate what you are facing:

The lids are not symmetrical - the driver lid has four latches, the passenger lid has five.

Driver side:

IMG_20220903_211400.jpg

Passenger side:

IMG_20220903_211624.jpg

You need to press the latch (stems from the grill) against the flare (from the lid) to unhook it:

IMG_20220903_211714_hinted.jpg

The white triangle inside the latch shape is actually a see through of the cardboard box behind.

OP
OP

Redkeyboss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
Holy crap, I guess they are looking OK to me now, at least for a while. Thanks for the pics.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I thought there was just a huge opening back there waiting for cooling ducts for the brakes. You mean to tell me that behind the plastic is just more plastic? I feel so lied to!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
murick has some good pictures on those clips, but they're the easy part
i took mine out by removing the front bumper (had to clean it and replace the indicators with LED ones anyways)
if you have the handling package, it gets even worse because unless you want to break and re-install 21 pop rivets for the 2nd layer splitter, the whole undertray is coming off too, which isnt hard it's just annoying, and unless you put new double-sided tape on them, the fender flare bits are never staying flat in place again when you re-attach them

this might be the one thing my Subaru did better, could have the bumper off in less than 10 min with no lift

Sponsored

KrucaBomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krzysiek
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
You mean to tell me that behind the plastic is just more plastic?
If you remove the cover there will be no more plastic under it - just a huge opening. You can see it in this vid:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Redkeyboss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
This video is what got me interested in removing the covers. However mine did not come out that easily. I didnā€™t want to mark them all up so I decide to let them be.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I thought there was just a huge opening back there waiting for cooling ducts for the brakes. You mean to tell me that behind the plastic is just more plastic? I feel so lied to!
There isn't any room at all to incorporate brake cooling ducts (also up too high) into that location.

The pop-outs are meant to be used if someone wants to install a set of lights in that location, which was to symbolize homage to the original 1969 Mustang Mach 1. Essentially the same homage that Ford did prior to the S550 with the S197 2012/13 BOSS 302 Mustangs.

Regarding the S550 Mach 1 from a prior article:
Ford spokesman Mike Levine told CarBuzzthat customers can "'pop out' the round parts of the grille and do your own lighting

Brake cooling ducts would always be lower and not interfering with or obstructing air intake or air flow to cooling cores (ie: an A/C condenser OR radiator).

KrucaBomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krzysiek
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
The pop-outs are meant to be used if someone wants to install a set of lights in that location
Are there any aftermarket lights that fit? I wasnā€™t able to find any. Taking into account that Mach 1 is more than one year on the market it is a little bit strange BTW.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Are there any aftermarket lights that fit? I wasnā€™t able to find any. Taking into account that Mach 1 is more than one year on the market it is a little bit strange BTW.
If you take a look at the photos I posted earlier the latches are in some distance around the "hole". I believe the original design idea was that the latches will be used to hold the support for the replacement parts as well (e.g. the lights). So one just needs to make "the right bezel" to hold the light (or whatever he would want to put there). The latches seem to be laid out in a way that they should support anything else exactly the same way as they support the original lids.

Glenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush,21 CFTP GT500,20 Explorer ST,67 Nova
I want to buy some lights! hope one day somebody will sell them.........
P.S. will pay good money for them!

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
That's what I did with mine.

20220805_194524.jpg

20220805_194519.jpg

20220805_194517.jpg
I like what you did here. Now at least they look like they have some sort of function. The factory solution makes it look like somethingā€™s missing.
Sponsored