Flywheel replacement??

Tarik76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tarik
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Should this flywheel be replaced if im changing new pressure plate and clutch disk? I went over it with a grinder lightly to remove those marks on it

20211124_083021.jpg
Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I would remove and have it surfaced at a good machine shop. The flywheel surface needs to be very flat and smooth. You probably made things worse by using an angle grinder on it btw. Afterwards use brake clean to clean off flywheel and pressure plate. Both need to be very clean. Or...good time to upgrade to an aluminum flywheel or lightweight steel flywheel.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
100% not a good idea to just smooth it out by hand. Like the last post said, have it professionally done so that it’s perfect or you’ll get the whole thing back together and immediately have to take it all apart again, and you might F up your new pressure plate/clutch.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Big no no to do by hand. Needs to be done on a blanshard grinding machine by a machinist! minimal material removal required by the looks of your flywheel, unless you went too deep by hand.

OP
OP

Tarik76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tarik
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Big no no to do by hand. Needs to be done on a blanshard grinding machine by a machinist! minimal material removal required by the looks of your flywheel, unless you went too deep by hand.
Yea I'm gonna go ahead and take it to a machine shop and have it resurfaced.
Sponsored