Sponsored

Floor it, hesitation, slam???

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
I have a P1SC1 Stage 2 with a fore fuel system. Occasionally, on an open road I'll be cruising at 3000 rpm and will floor it. The response is a very short accelaration followed by an abrupt hesitation and then all of power at once. The best analogy I can make is a hiccup. The car was exceptionally smooth prior to me swapping to and from the MAK inlet (not attributing this to hardware). Could this be the result of me somehow messing up the install of the inlet? What are some other possible sources?

Thanks.
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
ummmmm datalog and contact your tuner maybe.......

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
You need a tune revision since adding the mak inlet...mine was tuned with the the mak inlet and i have no such issue!

OP
OP

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
You need a tune revision since adding the mak inlet...mine was tuned with the the mak inlet and i have no such issue!
I went back to the procharger inlet. Also, while I'm asking. I'm at 5kft elevation and setup for 10psi. I'll be moving in the summer to sealevel. I realize it'll boost the psi up, but other than that will it require a retune?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
No i think if you get a retune that’s solid up there it will self adjust to sea level!

Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
It’s not good on your trans to let it downshift several gears wot...you’re going to end up breaking the output shaft.

OP
OP

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
It is a manual so not concerned about it dropping gears but it still isn't right. I'll record some logs as recommended previously and send them to Lund. Again, it was running silky smooth after Lund tuned it, but then I probably messed it up somehow switching between the MAK inlet and back.

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium
It sounds almost like the surge problem many people report.
Try this post: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88864&page=6&highlight=surge

In the surge post ProChargerTech talks about IMRC plates. See Post# 82

This is the best IMRC plate info I could quickly find:

The IMRC assemblies are located between the intake manifold and cylinder heads, providing two air passages for each cylinder. One air passage is always open and the other passage switches from closed to open by means of a valve plate. Below 3000 rpm, this valve plate is closed to improve low-speed and cold engine performance.

(Note this was a description of the IMRC system for another vehicle.)

Hope this helps.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
It is a manual so not concerned about it dropping gears but it still isn't right. I'll record some logs as recommended previously and send them to Lund. Again, it was running silky smooth after Lund tuned it, but then I probably messed it up somehow switching between the MAK inlet and back.
Gotcha. Well if you’re in 5/6th gear and flooring it, the excessive load could be what’s causing the bucking. If you’re in 3rd gear, flooring it and it’s bucking, then somethings off. You might just need to downshift a gear or two before laying into it. Log and shoot it off to Lund...they’ll get you dialed in.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
It sounds almost like the surge problem many people report.
Try this post: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88864&page=6&highlight=surge

In the surge post ProChargerTech talks about IMRC plates. See Post# 82

This is the best IMRC plate info I could quickly find:

The IMRC assemblies are located between the intake manifold and cylinder heads, providing two air passages for each cylinder. One air passage is always open and the other passage switches from closed to open by means of a valve plate. Below 3000 rpm, this valve plate is closed to improve low-speed and cold engine performance.

(Note this was a description of the IMRC system for another vehicle.)

Hope this helps.
The surge isn't at WOT.

This poster is talking about WOT.

Either way, the surge is fixable in the tune, and likely his issue is as well.
Something in the load calcs possibly.

Datalogs will cure all on this one.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Don't go WOT at 3,000. Problem solved, and your engine will thank you.

Prob getting a ton of knock retard going wot that low. Then it recovers.
Sponsored