Sponsored

Flood Ford ESP - Question

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
So I'm about to pull the trigger on buying and ESP for my 2015 Mustang GT. I called Ford Protect directly and got a quote from them. Then I checked Flood Ford's ESP website and HOLY COW what a difference in price! I mean like $1300+ difference in price. So my question is... are they for real? How come such a price difference? If any of you guys have gotten the ESP from Flood Ford, did you order it on their website or did you call them? Also have you had to use your ESP and if so how did that work if you took your car to a different dealership. Sorry for all of the questions, but just want to be sure before I drop the money. Thanks for all of the help guys!
Sponsored

abbeynormal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PPGT Magnetic
I have an additional question, if I may. Is there a time limit for purchasing this ESP? Before your current warranty runs out or within a year of purchase or something?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I bought an extended warranty from Flood Ford. They are 100% legitimate and it's a real Ford ESP warranty.

I called both the Ford ESP department and my local Ford dealership a couple of days after I purchased the extended warranty, and both their systems showed my car's VIN in their system having the warranty coverage I purchased.

If you have any questions, there's a phone number on Flood Ford's website you can call to get questions answered.

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
While you guys are all able to get your good deals on the ESP, here in Florida we have to pay full price due to some BS laws that I'm sure the dealers wrote.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Just goes to show you how bullshit car dealerships are. It's the same warranty plan but flood ford won't charge you double.

Sponsored

PSUpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 V-6 Premium Convertible
So I'm about to pull the trigger on buying and ESP for my 2015 Mustang GT. I called Ford Protect directly and got a quote from them. Then I checked Flood Ford's ESP website and HOLY COW what a difference in price! I mean like $1300+ difference in price. So my question is... are they for real? How come such a price difference? If any of you guys have gotten the ESP from Flood Ford, did you order it on their website or did you call them? Also have you had to use your ESP and if so how did that work if you took your car to a different dealership. Sorry for all of the questions, but just want to be sure before I drop the money. Thanks for all of the help guys!
ESPnwas worth it when I had to replace whole convertible roof just because heating elements in glass were broken in too many places to work properly. More than. $2,000 job by Ford

goldviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2018 Mustang GT 401A PP
Also take a look at TROY-FORD-EXTENDED-WARRANTY.COM

Cheaper than Flood Ford prices.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
I have an additional question, if I may. Is there a time limit for purchasing this ESP? Before your current warranty runs out or within a year of purchase or something?
You can buy it right before your 36k warranty runs out. I'm not sure about afterwards but if they did allow it I would assume you would pay more.

Are those actually Ford warranty or like some joe smith mechanic?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Flood was cheaper when i got mine for the superduty.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
When I bought mine, I printed off the quote from Flood Ford and my dealer matched it.

Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
While you guys are all able to get your good deals on the ESP, here in Florida we have to pay full price due to some BS laws that I'm sure the dealers wrote.
Here in Florida,I purchased the ESP that my dealer offered,which was less expensive than what Ford offered and offered better coverage.One other benefit was they do not have to contact Ford when it comes to a warranty issue. The coverage is valid country-wide,whether you choose to have a dealer or indy shop do the work. I contacted other buyers and they are pleased with both the coverage and price. If interested,call Sam Galloway Ford in Ft Myers. I believe the Finance Dept are the ones to speak with.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Here in Florida,I purchased the ESP that my dealer offered,which was less expensive than what Ford offered and offered better coverage.One other benefit was they do not have to contact Ford when it comes to a warranty issue. The coverage is valid country-wide,whether you choose to have a dealer or indy shop do the work. I contacted other buyers and they are pleased with both the coverage and price. If interested,call Sam Galloway Ford in Ft Myers. I believe the Finance Dept are the ones to speak with.
What if you currently live in another state, buy there, then move to Florida? The reason I ask is that I'm moving to Oviedo from South Carolina. I can purchase while I still have my SC address.

JR

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
What if you currently live in another state, buy there, then move to Florida? The reason I ask is that I'm moving to Oviedo from South Carolina. I can purchase while I still have my SC address.

JR
I don't know. I'd say just give them a call. The finance manager's name is Scott.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT

Hmmmm...not according to what I see:

$0 deductible, 8 year, 125,000 miles

Flood Ford: $2,555
Troy Ford: $2,165 + fine-print addition of $735 for $0 deductible = $2,900

http://www.troy-ford-extended-warra...m?searching=Y&sort=2&cat=3750&show=100&page=1 (Link is for 2018, but 2017 shows up at top...same price, though)

http://www.troy-ford-extended-warra...m?searching=Y&sort=2&cat=3750&show=100&page=1

I plan to go with Flood come January 2018.

goldviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2018 Mustang GT 401A PP
Hmmmm...not according to what I see:

$0 deductible, 8 year, 125,000 miles

Flood Ford: $2,555
Troy Ford: $2,165 + fine-print addition of $735 for $0 deductible = $2,900

http://www.troy-ford-extended-warra...m?searching=Y&sort=2&cat=3750&show=100&page=1 (Link is for 2018, but 2017 shows up at top...same price, though)

http://www.troy-ford-extended-warra...m?searching=Y&sort=2&cat=3750&show=100&page=1

I plan to go with Flood come January 2018.
Thanks for point out the fine print crap.....I did not add that stuff in.
You are correct. I too will go with Flood in Jan.
Sponsored