earlrengland

earlrengland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford GT350 08 Ford F250 SuperDuty 13 Saraha
Well, 'fortunately' for me, since I went from about 16-17 mpg down to about 11, it won't take long to run thru a tank, LOL!
Sponsored

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
@guzie, nice work! When you routed a cable to your nGauge did it just plug into the unused cable port on the back of the nGauge?
Yes. There is that port which the cable I showed in the pics goes to. Then you set it Up in your gauges

CoopDAWg70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT, 98 Dodge Durango, 11 Harley Chopper
Sounds like the flex tune is not learning the fuel alcohol content properly. I would flash the E85 tune. Fuel trims will make up the difference in alcohol content until you can get more E85 in the tank. I wouldn't take the car to the track, but it should run better than it does now (assuming your E85 tune is good).

Is this an HP Tuners device? Are you equipped to datalog? If so, you can log these three parameters:
Inferred AFR Status: Reads Actively Learning, Paused or Matured.
Inferred AFR Source: Reads Refueling (after a refuel) or Fault Exit (after a flash or KAM reset)
Alcohol Percent

I'd log short and long fuel trims as well.

In addition to logging, for everyday monitoring I use a OBDLink MX+ device with an app on my phone for quick checks, KAM resets, alcohol content monitoring, etc. There are other OBD devices like this available as well. I highly recommend one of these if you're going to run E85 or flex tunes.
I recently purchased a OBDLink MX+, how do I do a KAM reset with it?
Sponsored