Flatrock Assembly shutdown extended to 4 weeks

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Just in case some of you ordering vehicles do not know the news from Ford...

The ongoing global shortage of semiconductors continues to hit the production schedules and bottom lines of automakers, with Ford Motor Co. on Wednesday announcing the extension of down time and new impacts at several of its plants.
  • Ford's Chicago, Flat Rock and Kansas City assembly plants will be down the weeks of April 19 and 26. Those plants collectively build the Ford Explorer, Police Interceptor Utility, Lincoln Aviator, Mustang, F-150 and the Transit.
The Dearborn automaker's Chicago, Flat Rock and Kansas City assembly plants in Illinois, Michigan and Missouri, respectively, will be down the weeks of May 3 and May 10.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...-production-numerous-plants-month/7225733002/
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...-ford-extends-downtime-key-plants/7323699002/
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Man, I am sooo fortunate I ordered my GT when I did.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I’m really getting frustrated. Looking at maybe August delivery date IF no more plant shutdowns which seems unlikely. I’m contemplating buying off the lot, but can’t find a car w/options in orange, red or yellow. Is cars.com the best way to search?

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4

Sponsored

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
I’m really getting frustrated. Looking at maybe August delivery date IF no more plant shutdowns which seems unlikely. I’m contemplating buying off the lot, but can’t find a car w/options in orange, red or yellow. Is cars.com the best way to search?
I found mine with AutoTrader. You can search Nationwide or 500, 400 etc miles away.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
My custom order will be fine. Whats a few more weeks to have the perfect car for 5-10 years? This is actually good for me because the value of my current Mustang keeps going up each week and this used car bubble is supposed to last all year. While the price of my ordered car stays the same.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
My custom order will be fine. Whats a few more weeks to have the perfect car for 5-10 years? This is actually good for me because the value of my current Mustang keeps going up each week and this used car bubble is supposed to last all year. While the price of my ordered car stays the same.
Was thinking the same thing. The KBB trade value of my car has increased $3500 in the 4 weeks since I ordered the new one.
Sponsored

Last edited: