Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
Hi Folks,

Have any of you fitted a Genuine Ford Wind Stop to a 2020 onward Mustang?

I had a look at the procedure at the weekend and didn't fancy cutting away metal from the mechanism as it suggests.

Would appreciate any info from those who have given the installation a go.

Cheers,
Doylum
Sponsored

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Is there a difference between a wind stop and a wind deflector? I installed one my 2019, not sure if theres a difference, but there was no cutting away metal.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Hi Folks,

Have any of you fitted a Genuine Ford Wind Stop to a 2020 onward Mustang?

I had a look at the procedure at the weekend and didn't fancy cutting away metal from the mechanism as it suggests.

Would appreciate any info from those who have given the installation a go.

Cheers,
Doylum
What metal needs to be cut?

I fitted it to my 2017 and only had to drill a couple of holes in the plastic trims on either side - a very straightforward install. It works brilliantly, can easily cruise on the motorway with the windows and deflector up and still listen to the radio, talk on the bluteooth etc.

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
On the later models maybe 2020 or 2021 onward. you have to remove the black plastic cover, then un bolt a bit and another bit which needs a 2.5cm x 1.5cm piece cut away, before you can drill and then put back together.

Sponsored

grungysquash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang FN V8 convertable
No deflector here I'm a roof and windows down preferences driver. The best part is when the wife calls I can't hear her now that's a win win strategy.

I have no idea why you buy a convertible then try and stop the best part about owing a convertible.

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
No deflector here I'm a roof and windows down preferences driver. The best part is when the wife calls I can't hear her now that's a win win strategy.

I have no idea why you buy a convertible then try and stop the best part about owing a convertible.
I live in North East of England. The air is bloody freezing but the sun still shines. 🤗

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I have one because my wife’s ears are very sensitive to pressure changes so when we drive above 50 mph it’s windows and screen up. Also, I’ll drive top down any month of the year, as long as it’s dry and above 2°C, and that temp it’s just a comfort thing. Any other time it’s the full convertible experience for me.
Sponsored