First service

rorrerjp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1
Is everyone just changing the oil for the first service? What about the transmission and rear end fluids?

I'm on 7200 miles and ford pass says I have 25% more till I need to change the oil. Is around 9k miles average for everyone?
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Is everyone just changing the oil for the first service? What about the transmission and rear end fluids?

I'm on 7200 miles and ford pass says I have 25% more till I need to change the oil. Is around 9k miles average for everyone?
I did my first oil change at 5K, just to be safe. I have not tracked or pushed the car enough to warrant other changes yet. The Mach 1 owners manual supplement has what appear to be good recommended fluid changes for track use. I will follow those when I eventually get around to tracking it.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It's typically a good idea to change the oil around the 3-5k mark to get rid of all the metal shavings from the new engine. After that, 9-10k or depending on the time that's gone by and type of oil used. I probably won't change the fluids in the differential and transmission if it doesn't need the swap. If it does, I'll go the BG2 Syncho route.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335

I would change it ASAP. I have never left oil got that long on a new engine. The oil has a lot more metal shavings on a new engine which will continue to add more wear in the beginning.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rorrerjp

rorrerjp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1
Guess I should have changed my oil sooner.
Guess what I found!

Could these have weakend the springs or struts since I've driven 7.7k miles now with them on?

20210904_144843.jpg

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Guess what I found!

Could these have weakend the springs or struts since I've driven 7.7k miles now with them on?

20210904_144843.jpg
Dang man, your dealer should have removed those during PDI

OP
OP
rorrerjp

rorrerjp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1
I don't know if I want to be that guy and call complaining and see if I can get new springs or just leave it be

PBM457

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paxton
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford F-250 Tremor , Mach 1 #2510
I hate to say it, but never assume your dealer has done a proper PDI. Always check to make sure the shipping blocks have been removed. Several posts have shown cars delivered to customers with shipping blocks still in place. I asked that they be placed in the trunk when I took delivery, and checked to make sure they weren’t still on the car before leaving the dealership.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Guess what I found!

20210904_144843.jpg
I don’t think it could really damage anything. Don’t they just limit the suspension travel?
to be safe I would have the dealer remove them and document it in case something comes up down the road with a shock failure or anything that can be attributed to the blocks being left in. Just to cover your own ass. But I think you’re car is probably going to be ok

Sponsored

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
The first thing I did when picking up my car was look in the wheel well. Sure enough they were still in there. I’m like dudes. Kindly remove those, and the dealer sticker you slapped on the back. Also, check your tire pressure, mine were at like 45 psi.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I have seen several YT videos where the new owner found the shipping blocks still on the springs (StangMode was one of them). I wonder, is it something new Ford started doing on Mach 1s, or why are dealers missing them?

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I have seen several YT videos where the new owner found the shipping blocks still on the springs (StangMode was one of them). I wonder, is it something new Ford started doing on Mach 1s, or why are dealers missing them?
Any Mustang with Magnaride has them. The dealer new car department, including mine, assume they are all the same and dont bother looking if they have Magnaride.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
What oil brand and grade did you use out of interest.
I decided at least for the first oil change to buy Motorcraft full synthetic 5W30 at the dealer where I purchased the car.
Sponsored