2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Today, I drove up to Batley and dropped the car off with Ben at Motorsport and Performance. The car should be ready sometime next week. Ben and his team were very nice, and it was great to see some of the brilliant Mustangs they've been working on.
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Today, I drove up to Batley and dropped the car off with Ben at Motorsport and Performance.
[Reads that and wonders if the OP has found comments and feedback on this forum about Ben/MAP]

Good Luck.

you'll need it...

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
At best this sort of thread is annoying and worse its 'click bait'

OP what are you having done, thats the only part that interests me, not the part that you have dropped the car off to have 'something' done.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
At best this sort of thread is annoying and worse its 'click bait'

OP what are you having done, thats the only part that interests me, not the part that you have dropped the car off to have 'something' done.
Brake calipers painted to match Grabber Blue car. Front seatbelts swapped out from black to blue. Kooks headers & cats. Tune.

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
[Reads that and wonders if the OP has found comments and feedback on this forum about Ben/MAP]

Good Luck.

you'll need it...
Isnt it funny that those who have had one bad experience and refused MAPs offer to "put right" any perceived issues, at their cost - several years ago, are still banging a drum about it?

oh - and there are those who have never ever been to MAP who enjoy telling everyone how bad things are there too!

If you actually consider the reality ---
MAP are the major Mustang shop for modifications, servicing and tuning in the North of the UK and have a fantastic reputation for their work. Most Mustang S550 owners have a really positive experience at MAP (I suppose there are always going to be the odd 1-2% that are never happy with stuff)
Why - oh why cant people be more positive nowadays? instead of always trying to put things down?

Both of my Mustangs have been to MAP several times - for modifications, tuning and even regular servicing - never had an issue with them - always professional and friendly and anytime there has been any issue - they always offer to put it right at their expense

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Brake calipers painted to match Grabber Blue car. Front seatbelts swapped out from black to blue. Kooks headers & cats. Tune.
Did they supply the headers ? Have you gone with the Kooks ‘green’ cats ?

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did they supply the headers ? Have you gone with the Kooks ‘green’ cats ?
Yes, they supplied the headers. I did not go with Green Cats because from my research, it seems they were really most needed in FI applications and I'm staying NA.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Drove the car back to London this afternoon. Very pleased with first impressions. The headers/cats/tune added over 100 ft-lbs of torque from 3,000-3,500 RPM. Motorway acceleration is completely different now. Overrun also sounds really good now. Grabber blue brake calipers and blue front seat belts came out well. Will provide more feedback as I put more miles on the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Working on the cold start sound comparison. In the meantime, pic of the brakes...

DSC_2612.JPG

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Need a sound clip…….
From my drive this morning...acceleration & overrun (turn up the volume)

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
And that’s inside the car ? It must be laugh out loud time whenever you put your foot down 👌

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
And that’s inside the car ? It must be laugh out loud time whenever you put your foot down 👌
Yes, it's just inside the car with regular phone microphone and as you can see I get off it pretty quickly. The overrun is also brutal sounding. It makes a statement.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Also keep in mind that I still have the stock resonator and mufflers on the car.
Sponsored