RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Those foam cups choke off the low and midrange response. You might need to play around with the sizing if you box them in. I was conversing with another GT500 owner who did something similar but the frequency response was pretty bad and a speaker box for the rears protrudes down into the trunk space eating up a lot of the usable area.
My trunk carries a full sized spare, so the box taking up some space at the front of the trunk, isn't a deal breaker to me.
I'm almost tempted to make a fiberglass box that goes behind the rear seat and put 2) 8" mid bass drivers in it, and put the mid and tweeters in the deck, and make a spacer to hold the rear seats out 3" at the top.
On my g body a decade ago , I did this as the front trunk has a shelf behind the seat that is basicly hard to use space. the box had one jl 12" sub and 2) 8' mid bass drivers, with the 4" mid and tweeters in the deck where the oem 4x10's went
Added 2"holes in the foam seat back in front of the mid drivers. and with the 3 way separates up front, sounded very nice.
making the box out of fiberglass, and wiring it with a pin connector, allows it to be removed when I was racing the car Amps and all. battery power used an industral connection plug, like a powerjack would use.
Sponsored

Mcgurr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mcgurr
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
We just purchased an Atlas Blue 2022 GT/CS convertible that appears to have every option except the B&O stereo :curse:

I'm looking for more bass. particularly when the top is down.

I read all the threads and it seems that no one is offering a simple solution other than the big box slid to the front of the trunk. I saw the handmade enclosure and loved it but I'm not sure I want to tackle building one, especially using wet resin inside the trunk.

What is everyone else doing?
I can greatly understand the issue in regards molding a box via resin within the trunk. When I built the box set for my Mustang:

It was labor intensive (but fun). If you are worried about the resin smell and resin sticking to the carpet, another way to form a shape would be by using the paper mache method (I know it seems childish). Its a cheap and simple way to create the perfect shape without the high risk. Once the shape (mold) is dry, pull it out, and fiberglass the box (outer shell) on a bench.
That just an idea.

I am currently working on a way to 3D scan the current boxes and create a drawing in which I can develop a wood assembly drawing (IKEA Style).

OP
OP
Bassackwards

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
I can greatly understand the issue in regards molding a box via resin within the trunk. When I built the box set for my Mustang:

It was labor intensive (but fun). If you are worried about the resin smell and resin sticking to the carpet, another way to form a shape would be by using the paper mache method (I know it seems childish). Its a cheap and simple way to create the perfect shape without the high risk. Once the shape (mold) is dry, pull it out, and fiberglass the box (outer shell) on a bench.
That just an idea.

I am currently working on a way to 3D scan the current boxes and create a drawing in which I can develop a wood assembly drawing (IKEA Style).
I found the best way. I bought a liner from a wreck and incorporated it into my enclosure. Worked perfectly and fits tight into the cavity

OP
OP
Bassackwards

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
Thats a great idea, I like that.
1DACBC27-BD3C-451D-A6CD-09CC9F530AB0.jpeg

0D223643-69F8-4591-9CD6-2AB518A519EB.jpeg
79EF1395-ABFF-444C-BEA9-542DF71BD527.jpeg

8DACD6A7-CFA6-4F77-9E38-03025D65D8C2.jpeg

The remnants of the liner from the wreck are permanently encapsulated into this enclosure. I just painted resin on the back and bottom because I didn’t want it to get any bigger. I did glass the area around the wood and inside there are several layers

Mcgurr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mcgurr
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
1DACBC27-BD3C-451D-A6CD-09CC9F530AB0.jpeg

0D223643-69F8-4591-9CD6-2AB518A519EB.jpeg
79EF1395-ABFF-444C-BEA9-542DF71BD527.jpeg

8DACD6A7-CFA6-4F77-9E38-03025D65D8C2.jpeg

The remnants of the liner from the wreck are permanently encapsulated into this enclosure. I just painted resin on the back and bottom because I didn’t want it to get any bigger. I did glass the area around the wood and inside there are several layers
modern-problems-chapelle.gif
Sponsored