Sponsored

First paint damage took less than three weeks

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Noticed it tonight after checking out the car post Winter Storm Juno. Two tiny chips on door (metal:() above passenger door handle and one on the top edge of the front bumper cover (can't even comprehend how this one came to be). I knew it was a matter of time, but did not think I'd be ordering drcolorchip this soon.:tsk: It doesn't even look like they carry the 2015 OEM paint yet.

Sponsored

njarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Very unfortunate. While Dr. Colour Chip is good, I have come to like using OEM paint with the Langka levelling product. I find I get better results, but it takes longer. I've done it at the most over the course of a week and a half to attain near perfect fills of the chip.

Budzinski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Don't feel bad I just got my car out of the body shop for 2 weeks.. Was rear ended the second week I bought the car.. 2400 in damage on a car with 500 miles.. I feel your pain..

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i couldn't even make it home after picking the car up with an 8 and half hr drive back without getting some chips... got my drcolorchip in this week and already done 4 coats on these chips. It takes a lot of effort but I bet I'm the only one that can find them. Still got some more work to do..but I tried my best to avoid dirt and rocks on the interstate all that way home but picked up 4 nicks. at least they were small.

Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
Google Dr Color Chip, youtubed it and bought my kit... only a matter of time....

OP
OP

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Very unfortunate. While Dr. Colour Chip is good, I have come to like using OEM paint with the Langka levelling product. I find I get better results, but it takes longer. I've done it at the most over the course of a week and a half to attain near perfect fills of the chip.
I agree, I've seen some people do perfect touch-up work with just a bit of OEM paint. I don't care about getting it to look like factory spec (and don't have the skills either). Dr. Color Chip allows me to mask the damage and at the same time contain it. On my first car, I never bothered to address the chips on the hood and by the time I sold it they had turned into rusty dimes and nickles. This is really my biggest concern.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
WoW! Two chips. You should come and drive in Alberta. Road maintenance gets out with "sanders", throwing gravel and sand on top of the snow and ice. That's why the 1st thing I did was a clearbra on hood, bumper, mirrors and part of the fenders. I did check it this Tuesday. Got hit a couple times. Lucky that my windshield is still OK.

cameleon1267

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT premium
yep same here. rock chip on the hood and rear fender on both sides near the wheels :/

I have some touch up paint pen for ruby red. I'll try to fix the one on the hood because the metal really shows up bright white on ruby red.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Yup, I was washing my baby Saturday afternoon and low and behold a frigging rock chip right in the hood about the size of a pin head. That took all of two weeks and 2 drives on the Interstate. Uggh. I guess Dr. ColorChip is the way to go? It didn't get all the way down to the metal. I also have a few chips in my Explorer that I will probably practice on with Dr before I attempt anything with my Vert.

Sponsored

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
I've been searching DIY filling license plate holes..came across automotivetouchup.com looks like they have 2015 colors, I plan on ordering once I figure out how to approach my situation.

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
I looked at those too, just don't know how great it would look. But it's a quick fix.

RB510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Raven Black, PP, 50 Years)
A question about Dr. Color Chip... The website shows Ebony Black for the 2015 Mustang but my car is Raven Black, per the window sticker... Who is right? And more importantly, will Ebony Black match my Raven Black paint?

OP
OP

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A question about Dr. Color Chip... The website shows Ebony Black for the 2015 Mustang but my car is Raven Black, per the window sticker... Who is right? And more importantly, will Ebony Black match my Raven Black paint?
Email them with your paint code and ask. They did not have Magnetic Metallic (J7) and added it after I emailed them.
Sponsored