Sponsored

First Modification

GTsquid

14's are gonna be a good deal cheaper in a few months... and by then we might hopefully have an idea what the s550 looks like. That's why I'm waiting.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I bought a 13 GT premium...if any of you guys who on the ropes about the 13-14's, I have no regrets. This car is fantastic. I ran a 12.6 in 75 degree weather back in march. No complaints except IRS will be smoother in the coming S550.

Sponsored

Retrostang

Retrostang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Platinum
14's are gonna be a good deal cheaper in a few months... and by then we might hopefully have an idea what the s550 looks like. That's why I'm waiting.
My salesman told me there is an additional $1000 rebate available that expires 9-3. I'm hoping my car it out the door by then. One list shows it coming next week and another shows first week of September. If so, that will be 8 weeks.:frusty:

Once I was sure the 15 would be smaller and a long wait to get one, getting the 14 was an easy choice for me.

GTsquid

My salesman told me there is an additional $1000 rebate available that expires 9-3. I'm hoping my car it out the door by then. One list shows it coming next week and another shows first week of September. If so, that will be 8 weeks.:frusty:
Yea I saw those rebates expiring soon but I'm sure there will be other incentives in the winter and with the way sales are going.

Once I was sure the 15 would be smaller and a long wait to get one, getting the 14 was an easy choice for me.
Even if it were a regular model year you would be looking at next spring avail earliest. I dont think we can say it is "sure" that the wait will be much different than any other year. They could show it in Detroit and open order banks soon after.

ZachR

That Auto Design Student
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, 14 V6, 08 Sky, 93 TT
Within the first week, I'll be doing:

- Opti-Coat Pro: Complete coverage of all exterior painted surfaces. It's basically a long-lasting paint sealant which will help prevent fading, keep dirt from clinging to the car and help the car be a little more scratch resistant.

- 3M Clear Bra: Complete front end from the back of the hood / door line forward. Also the side skirts / rocker panels; behind the wheel wells and possible the diffuser. The cars I've seen done locally are hardly noticeable even when you look up close, and I'd rather replace some clear wrap every few years then deal with numerous rock chips and scratches.

- Window Tint: Darkest that is legally allowed in California. I hate not having tint on my Focus and prefer it on the Supra. The car just feels cooler (temperature) overall and isn't baking when I come to it in the middle of the day.

After that, I'll probably do the usual.
- Rims: either some BBS' or HREs, depending on the car's design.

- Intake, headers, high-flow catalytic converter and a cat-back exhaust with a tune. If we do get a turbo 4 in the states, I'll also throw in a better downpipe as factory ones are almost always too restrictive.

- If Ford Racing or the aftermarket offers a superior handling package, then I'll upgrade to that as well.

K.Lysius

- If Ford Racing or the aftermarket offers a superior handling package, then I'll upgrade to that as well.
I'm hoping for some nice performance upgrades available from Ford as well, especially for during the warranty period so we can keep warranty intact.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Don't forget about the hood prop rod to gas struts mod that Ford seems to love year after year.

Sponsored

Johnb-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volvo XC90 GT350
First Modification Removing The.....Camo Suit! LOL

Wes B.

Threads
Reaction score
You plan on tuning during warranty period? Which engine you gonna go with?
Depends if I buy an S550. If I do, then I have to decide to either keep it stock and keep my current Mustang or get rid of my current Mustang and build up the S550. Engine choice depends what options will be available. I really, really like the 3.7l V6, but I also see the benefits a 5.0l offers. As for a turbo I4 option, I like the idea, but I doubt I'd buy one. If I did, I doubt I'd build it.

Wes B.

Threads
Reaction score
With some of my previous cars, I've changed the rear gears before doing anything else. Best performance gain for the buck as long as you don't care about gas mileage.
Sponsored