Sponsored

First mod on my 2022.... and so it begins.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10

1972_todd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Fusion Titanium, 20' Mustang GT Premium
I did the same shortly after buying my 20'. Had a local shop build me an H-Pipe. Woke up the exhaust just the right amount. I love how the car sounds.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Reactions: Ock

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh ok. I'll read it and see the details. But the dealership was clear with me that anything after the cats isn't going to be an issue. I could run straight pipes if I wanted, just don't touch the cats.
Yeah, just don't touch the cats and you'll be fine.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I have been debating this mod for my car. I really think the stock setup sounds pretty good. How would you describe the sound change from stock?
"You get an H pipe. Everyone gets an H pipe"

@tj@steeda get this man an H pipe!

The stock exhaust sounds good but with an H pipe or catback sounds perfect.

Screenshot_20220203-172031_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
"You get an H pipe. Everyone gets an H pipe"

@tj@steeda get this man an H pipe!

The stock exhaust sounds good but with an H pipe or catback sounds perfect.

Screenshot_20220203-172031_Chrome.jpg
The pipe Oprah's into is not shaped like a H

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I must be weird as I put a Steeda H pipe on my 2020 GT with active exhaust and hated it...Gave it a week to see if it grew on me and then removed it and went back to stock. Sounded to tinny/raspy for my liking. My cammed C5 Vette had catless longtubes and Corsa Xtreme catback so Im not a nerd...That sounded awesome! I run my Mustang on Race exhaust setting and to me thats perfect. Classy loud but not obnoxious (or raspy)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I must be weird as I put a Steeda H pipe on my 2020 GT with active exhaust and hated it...Gave it a week to see if it grew on me and then removed it and went back to stock. Sounded to tinny/raspy for my liking. My cammed C5 Vette had catless longtubes and Corsa Xtreme catback so Im not a nerd...That sounded awesome! I run my Mustang on Race exhaust setting and to me thats perfect. Classy loud but not obnoxious (or raspy)
I've found these exhausts are super sensitive to leaks, and steeda's clamps are frankly a joke. Any sort of substantial leak will transform the sound in a very negative way.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The active exhaust mufflers are entirely different, though. Not similar in any design aspect inside. I think the regular stock mufflers sound great. I don't hear that "tinny" sound you're talking about at all. The stock mufflers have chambers and to me look more like resonators, while the "resonator" looks to me more like a dual in/dual out muffler.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've found these exhausts are super sensitive to leaks, and steeda's clamps are frankly a joke. Any sort of substantial leak will transform the sound in a very negative way.
I had mine welded on. No leaks.

1643975608164.png

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I have the Steeda H-pipe with AE and think it sounds great. There is no rasp at all. Sure it wasn’t an X-pipe?

A word of caution. If you get a rattle after awhile, watch that Steeda logo plate welded between the pipes. The weld on one side broke loose on mine and created a very noticeable rattle. I just cut it completely off and problem solved. I remember another forum member that strengthened the weld also.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I also think the AE is perfect, but I've never been interested in driving a loud car.

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Very Nice! I live a little closer to downtown Houston but I've never heard of these guys. They sound a hell of a lot better than other shops I've been to for my previous car. I've heard New Star Muffler near Tomball was great but some of their reviews say otherwise.
If it's the new star on spring cypress then they are awesome. They built my hpipe. My only complaint would be that they follow the epa law

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
I also think the AE is perfect, but I've never been interested in driving a loud car.
Loved my ae sound until it wasn't loud enough, but with that being said. I am the guy that wants to piss people off with a properly sounding mustang🤭
Sponsored