Sponsored

First mod on my 2022.... and so it begins.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Steeda H-pipe.... (on non-active exhaust car)

Sounds so good......... not sure I'd invest $1500 in a cat-back or $700 on axle-backs when it sounds this good with just an H-pipe.

Houston people -- I highly recommend this shop over in Alief. I've used them multiple times. Best prices, good work, and for easy jobs, they will do it right when you drive up and while you wait. I was in and out in 30 minutes, including welding time (shop owner recommended welding over clamps on the rear, and I love how solid it looks now...)

1643811233321.png

1643811124525.png
Sponsored

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Nice! I just did the same mod on my 21 last weekend. Love it! Active exhaust makes the volume adjustable on the fly.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Uh oh, you’re in trouble now! The mod-monster has hold of you now and there’s no escaping. I just pulled the active exhaust on my 2019 Bullitt a couple of days ago and installed a Steeda axle back. I do have LTHs and a Steeda X-pipe and man, let me tell you, I thought it sounded great before the axle back, but now it took on a whole new sound by swapping out the factory chambered mufflers.

How about a sound clip of your new setup?

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'll definitely take a video, perhaps this weekend. We're prepping for "snowpocalypse 2" here in Texas. it might hit 29 degrees :)

So the factory mufflers are chambered? That kinda explains a bit about how it maintains a fairly uniquely identifiable Mustang sound. My wife doesn't know anything about engines, but she says it sounds "like a Mustang" now.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Congrats on the car and on the Steeda H pipe. When I bought my Mustang I thought "This car is perfect. Im gonna keep it stock"

Check out my signature :crackup:

Sponsored

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
Steeda H-pipe.... (on non-active exhaust car)

Sounds so good......... not sure I'd invest $1500 in a cat-back or $700 on axle-backs when it sounds this good with just an H-pipe.

Houston people -- I highly recommend this shop over in Alief. I've used them multiple times. Best prices, good work, and for easy jobs, they will do it right when you drive up and while you wait. I was in and out in 30 minutes, including welding time (shop owner recommended welding over clamps on the rear, and I love how solid it looks now...)

1643811233321.png

1643811124525.png
Very Nice! I live a little closer to downtown Houston but I've never heard of these guys. They sound a hell of a lot better than other shops I've been to for my previous car. I've heard New Star Muffler near Tomball was great but some of their reviews say otherwise.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
keep old one in case u need warranty work... ask me how i know...lol

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Very Nice! I live a little closer to downtown Houston but I've never heard of these guys. They sound a hell of a lot better than other shops I've been to for my previous car. I've heard New Star Muffler near Tomball was great but some of their reviews say otherwise.
They charged me $100 flat. So many shops act like they're doing you a favor. This guy is legit. I had him do my truck muffler install a few years back, too. Don't go to some snooty suburban place, the 'lief (Alief) is where it's at for stuff like this :)

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have been debating this mod for my car. I really think the stock setup sounds pretty good. How would you describe the sound change from stock?

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I have been debating this mod for my car. I really think the stock setup sounds pretty good. How would you describe the sound change from stock?
I have Steeda H-Pipe on my car as well. Definitely more bite and growl. Started the car inside the garage with both windows down, my GF almost fell out of the car.. hehe :devil:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have my factory AE mufflers (minus the actuators) from my Bullitt and I am debating c
They charged me $100 flat. So many shops act like they're doing you a favor. This guy is legit. I had him do my truck muffler install a few years back, too. Don't go to some snooty suburban place, the 'lief (Alief) is where it's at for stuff like this :)
What are your:second to infinity mods? It’s so hard to stop at one mod. I’ve gone nuts on my car, right along with a lot of other members on this forum.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Uh oh, you’re in trouble now! The mod-monster has hold of you now and there’s no escaping. I just pulled the active exhaust on my 2019 Bullitt a couple of days ago and installed a Steeda axle back. I do have LTHs and a Steeda X-pipe and man, let me tell you, I thought it sounded great before the axle back, but now it took on a whole new sound by swapping out the factory chambered mufflers.

Are you planning to sell your active exhaust mufflers? If so, send me a pm - thanks!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are you planning to sell your active exhaust mufflers? If so, send me a pm - thanks!
I would just give them to you if you were local. Shipping them from Florida to Minnesota would cost a fortune. They’re heavy (19.2 lbs each) and would require a large box.

F98F5CC0-0A36-4D40-B1B3-8A189BC8AC65.jpeg

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
keep old one in case u need warranty work... ask me how i know...lol
Curious about what situation you're referring to... Over the years I've done cat-back exhaust work on lots of cars and never had a dealer say a word about it. What was the issue?
Sponsored