S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Congratulations on the Mach 1!

I traded a C7 GS that I had for almost 3yrs and drove it almost daily but opportunity came and traded for the Mach 1 HP.
I am very happy with my decision as the motivating factor was selling it for more than I paid but I want lie there are days I wished I could have kept it too. "The last front engine man trans"
Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Great choice. I would take the Mach over especially a C8 corvette. I hate the C8 itā€™s a Ferrari wanna be. I would prefer a previous model corvette over the C8. Itā€™s made to look like some super carā€¦
Actually Zora wanted a mid engine Corvette in the 60ā€™s so to say it's a wanna be is a bit silly?

GM wouldn't do it which pissed Zora off

The C8 is amazing and this is coming from a Mustang GT PP1 owner, theres no comparison between the 2 cars

C8 wins every-time
Still I understand why u may want the Mach, fun beautiful car with livable daily drivability and easier to get in and out of but me, living in Fl Iā€™d LOVE to have a C8

Maybe one day

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I love my Bullitt. I have modified it to suit me and it is just about perfect for me. However, I would swap it for a C8 in a heartbeat but here in OZ a C8 costs x3 what I paid for the Mustang.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Nice write-up. Personally, I think overall the C8 is a downgrade from the C7. GM may have over-engineered the C8 to the point that it lacks...soul. That said, I wouldn't mind a C8 Z06 (if free), but would really, really love a C7 ZR1 instead.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
So, I came over from the corvette world and have a few things that have caught my attention in these first 7 days. Please donā€™t take any of this negatively, I am really enjoying/loving my Mach.

1. Not sure if itā€™s an optical illusion or I have some hood bounce.-mostly noticed at high speeds or rough roads.​
2. Steering gets easily upset with road irregularities when pushing the car aggressively through corners-alignmen? Cardoes track straight.​
3. Itā€™s easy to get the rear to step out when accelerating out of a corner-driver issue šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I just have to get more used to the car.​
4. I need to find some nice rock guards like the ones I bought from ACS Composites for my C7ā€™s and C8.​
5. The B&O sound system lacks volume-I need that extra bit like Spinal Tapsā€™s guitar amps. šŸ˜¬
6. How do I get it to default to ā€œSport+ā€?​

Now the good

1. This car is 100 times more fun to pilot than the C8 was-The only time I enjoyed the C8 was when I was trying to push it to its limits.​
2.the interior is absolutely perfect with an intelligent controls laid out.​
3. The manual transmission is perfect for this car-I wouldnā€™t have it without it.​
4.The leather seats and overall ride quality is extremely comfortable for me.​
5. I can get in and out of it without rolling, hurting myself or kicking the sh@t out of the door.​

6A34EC7B-46BB-4FB5-B774-FBFDD6A9597C.jpeg

1373AACA-C6E9-49CB-8EC3-7BFF09C7920C.jpeg
A lot of Mustang wreck videos and most happen when accelerating while turning out of a parking lot. Every car reacts differently. I took my Mustang to a huge stadium parking lot and experimented to get an idea of how it reacted under different circumstances. It was worth the trip.

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
My Brother and several friends have owned Vettes since the early 60's.......all BEAUTIFUL and some SCARY as Hell but I think Chevrolet botched it with C8 styling.......SAD!!
The C7 would be my last choice but never over any late model Mustang......styling-wise!! ALL Vettes are easy to get into (Gravity) but a BITCH to get out of!!
MACH 1's are beautiful cars but I dislike the long back window that I could NEVER GET CLEAN in my 2014 car.....UGH!!

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
1. Adjust the rubber hood bounces. There's one on each side when you pop the hood. Twist each one counter clockwise 1/4 turn until the bouncing stops.
2. A track alignment would probably do you some good. Also look at Steeda's bump steer kit. Fixes the steering wheel jerks when you hit a bump.
3. The mustang's IRS is a weak spot but can be easily remedied. The subframe has a ton of movement which may be causing you to step out. Look into Steeda's stop the hop kit, or BMR's subframe lockout kit. Those fix this issue and aren't hard to install. Probably the best suspension upgrade you can do for your car.
Do you feel the bumpsteer kit is worth using on a non lowered car?
Sponsored