Sponsored

Finding/adding Rear Seats to GT350R

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
After a few years off I'm back in the GT350 game...and moving up to an R which is exciting.

But, really want to add rear seats so wife and kid can both ride along once in a while. Car is a 2017, so in theory the Ford Performance kit would have been great but AFAIK those are unobtanium at this point.

So, what is the best way to solve this problem? Post WTB for rear seat kit? Are GT350 rear seats different than other models?

Any idea what going rate is for all hardware + seats these days?
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The standard S550 rear seats will work, just a matter of matching the colors and also getting the seat belts.

OP
OP

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The standard S550 rear seats will work, just a matter of matching the colors and also getting the seat belts.
I know all the S550 belts/hardware/seats will all fit - but curious if any non-GT350s came with a somewhat similar cloth seat with suede Insert like the R has.

I've resigned to the fact that red stitching is not in the cards but hopefully can get close on materials.

OP
OP

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Trick will be to get stitching to match (if you are OCD like me). Likely better off looking for a full standard set of GT350 seats (Recaros) and the. Selling the front seats from the R

OP
OP

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trick will be to get stitching to match (if you are OCD like me). Likely better off looking for a full standard set of GT350 seats (Recaros) and the. Selling the front seats from the R
Oh, I am, but GT350 rear seats had white stitching so still wouldn't match. But, for cars with Recaros the material/pattern does seem to be the closest match. Now I get what you are saying, but car would not want to lose R fronts. But, I have seen zero for sale in my searches thus far between forums, eBay, CraigsList, and FaceBook Marketplace.

The seats themselves are the easiest part of the swap, so at least if I get the hardware and a temp seat I can always swap to better seats if they pop up.

Last edited:

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
I know all the S550 belts/hardware/seats will all fit - but curious if any non-GT350s came with a somewhat similar cloth seat with suede Insert like the R has.

I've resigned to the fact that red stitching is not in the cards but hopefully can get close on materials.
A GT/CS has red stitching and the "suede" inserts (or at least my 2022 does).

OP
OP

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A GT/CS has red stitching and the "suede" inserts (or at least my 2022 does).
Gold star for you!!!

Was hoping someone knew of a decent substitute. It isn't an exact match but probably the closest that exists. Worst case, should be able to order these new since current production.

Thanks a bunch!

RRM350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
You can also just dye the stitching, that should open up the options for ya.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can also just dye the stitching, that should open up the options for ya.
I'm not opposed to trying the ol' red Sharpie...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Last edited:

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I found gt350 rear seat with all hardware on ebay for 1k shipped 6 months ago for my R

I then took a red sharpie to the stitching and looks ok ...not as bright as front stitching but better than white ...

Had an interior shop tell me they could recover and make match perfect for about 800

My windows are tinted pretty dark ...so barely notice not a perfect match but eventually I'll pay the 800 ...

Same reason as you... I have 2 daughters and pulling up in the school pick up or drop off line at school... let's just say my girls love it

OP
OP

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same reason as you... I have 2 daughters and pulling up in the school pick up or drop off line at school... let's just say my girls love it
My son does as well...though it is silly to drive a car quite literally less than 500 feet between our house and the school.

I'm not even sure the R splitter will make it though...

OP
OP

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seats are in!

I ended up buying a hardware kit/shelf off eBay and found GT350 rear seats in NorCal and fortunately had a nearby friend drop them off in Santa Barbara.

Only $750 all in and stitching aside the best match for R front seats. If I really want to go nuts I’m sure an upholsterer could re-stitch but still fun for the family as is.

E5270E35-E4D3-4835-BC34-B0A11459781C.jpeg
Sponsored