Sponsored

Finding Active exhaust

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Might be the wrong section but here it goes. Im looking to buy a 2018 gt auto prefer to get the active exhaust if i can find one ..however it's very hard to find them it seems . Not all 301a or 401 cars come with it and i haven't seen hardly any with the option listed. Is there a visual way to tell or something on the switch panel? I don't want to email every deal and ask cause they will put me on the damn email lists lol. Thanks for any input .
Sponsored

BWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT, 2011 Nissan Versa SL, 1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 5.7
Vehicle Showcase
Ford.com has dealer sticker pdf's showing the active exhaust option if it was ordered with it. All inventory within 500 miles of your location. It's a factory option dealers can't install per the 4 I asked when I bought mine 2 months ago.

Good luck.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Very few dealers in my area order their lot cars with the active exhaust. I've only seen one on the lot here since January. We ordered our (Wife's) car, and of course I talked her into the option. Damn the thing does sound too, and it's cheaper than an aftermarket system. There's really no way to tell it's on a car unless you can see the window sticker. Good luck, I hope you can find one with the AE. You'll certainly enjoy the sound.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I
Might be the wrong section but here it goes. Im looking to buy a 2018 gt auto prefer to get the active exhaust if i can find one ..however it's very hard to find them it seems . Not all 301a or 401 cars come with it and i haven't seen hardly any with the option listed. Is there a visual way to tell or something on the switch panel? I don't want to email every deal and ask cause they will put me on the damn email lists lol. Thanks for any input .
IF the window sticker isnt available, you'd have to look under the car or get into the dash menu. No switches on dash. My 400a car has it.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
If you look at a dealership’s web site look for the window sticker and click on it. It should open up another window and you can see it
I

IF the window sticker isnt available, you'd have to look under the car or get into the dash menu. No switches on dash. My 400a car has it.
You can look into the quad exhaust and the 2 innermost tips have a valve that opens and closes.

Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
Most dealers will not bother with certain items for spec cars. Top of the list is the ceramic interior. Magnetic ride, active exhaust follow right behind. Only large dealers in certain markets are usually willing to gamble such add-one.

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I went on ford. I've been on autotrader and car gurus . it is around 1 in a hundred that have active exhaust lol . It seems everyone bought them up when they came out or something .Oh well I guess . Ill just mod it anyways so the tone would change .
Sponsored