Shiori

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiori
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hello:

I have a rattling butterfly valve in my new Flowmaster Active Exhaust system. I’m actually rather annoyed at the rattling and just wondering if I could put an exhaust system without active exhaust on (leave the actuators disconnected). Other than seeing the “active exhaust selection not available” prompt on my dash, is there any issues to this?

Thanks so much!
Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Or you could just disable active exhaust with forscan.

OP
OP

Shiori

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiori
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Just leave your actuators connected and tie them up so you wont have the message
I would be planning on getting a “non-active” exhaust. Is there a place to leave the actuators connected? Can I just tie up the actuators and leave them dangling?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shiori

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiori
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Or maybe fix the valve.
The exhaust shop I’m at says they can’t fix the valve. I’ll have to return my Flowmaster Active Exhaust system. Trying to get Flowmaster to pay for shipping is the hard part.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Or you could just disable active exhaust with forscan.
Hey, do the complete favor, and tell him how :). I haven't seen how to do that either, although I'll keep mine active. There's no nearly enough FORScan info on Mustangs as in F-150s, and other Ford models, unfortunately.

I did a lot of experimentation with the digital dash, with the expert advice of Livnitup (from the F-150 forum), but failed in all of what I wanted to change/add, including adding numbers to the coolant gauge, adding oil temperature to the middle gauge list, etc. I was only successful at removing the rear sequential turn-signals, and adding the fog lights as cornering lights. The other typical stuff (double-honk, bambi mod, engine fake noise and chime disable, etc.) was the same as the F-150.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey, do the complete favor, and tell him how :). I haven't seen how to do that either, although I'll keep mine active. There's no nearly enough FORScan info on Mustangs as in F-150s, and other Ford models, unfortunately.

I did a lot of experimentation with the digital dash, with the expert advice of Livnitup (from the F-150 forum), but failed in all of what I wanted to change/add, including adding numbers to the coolant gauge, adding oil temperature to the middle gauge list, etc. I was only successful at removing the rear sequential turn-signals, and adding the fog lights as cornering lights. The other typical stuff (double-honk, bambi mod, engine fake noise and chime disable, etc.) was the same as the F-150.
In the how to guide for adding active exhaust to the 2018+ they show the mods to add active exhaust. You could just do it in reverse.
However I think the bracket idea And leaving the actuators is probably easier and then you can put it back later if you wanted.

To the OP:
If you decide to sell the actuators though, let me know. Got a set of mufflers without them and looking to add some.
Sponsored