Financial decision having regrets now

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes, when electrify fails the gas pumps may not work, but charging stations won't either... unless folks have stored gasoline for their gas powered back up generators, which now we come full circle.
Well actually they already have that figured out. Could work with gas pumps as well.

1624049151187.png

1624049187094.png
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
"t is crazy to me how some people are so hard one way or another on issues and ideas. People need to stop being so hard nosed and hard headed about things and really listen, be open to other ideas and have true discussions about things. Get all the real facts and do research, and please, please do NOT get your facts from Facebook.
Anyways, that is my two cents after reading all the comments in this thread."

Oh and by the way, OP still hasn't come back to this thread. :crackup:
Hello; For what it may be worth I have been following the environmental issues since the mid 1960's. First as a student then professionally as a science teacher and the last couple of decades just because it is of interest. I thought we were having a true discussion about the issues.
What some want is to discard a working energy transfer system and place all our bets on new way of doing things. Not a bad notion in and of itself, but there is a serious risk many try to dismiss. The transition is to be sped up to a grand scale while so far being only tested at a very small scale.

Even at the small scale there are big issues with the notion which are yet to be worked out. Lots of promises of things to be invented someday. To one of your points, I have been listening for some time. That I have doubts is not from a lack of information.

The transition from horses to ICE was gradual and to the best of my understanding not forced onto people. At some point people decided having an ICE was the thing to do. I would like to see this sort of thing happen with the EV. Fix the EV's so they at least match the ICE and I will be interested. So far an EV would at best have to be a third vehicle. I will need to keep a pickup as i use mine very often for things currently. I sometimes find a need to travel several hundred miles so will want an ICE for that. A third vehicle EV might work if they were cheap, but they cost more than a similar ICE right now.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I think OP is active on the Mach-E forum now. I mean it would of been nice to hear his thoughts on the car a week later. šŸ‘šŸ»
Thereā€™s a Mach-E forum?:cwl:

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Of course there is. Their main discussions revolve around charging and how long it lasts. They can't really talk about anything else can they?
Well, they could do a funny meme thread.

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Well, they could do a funny meme thread.
:) they could.

They can also chat about stripes, our Mustangs, science, and other none boring stuff. I mean they can have fun too like going from 0-60 in 3.8 seconds šŸ™„Passed me? Ummmm ok

But ...... we'll still have more fun hearing that v8 rumble. There's a company who actually makes various sound concepts for electrical cars, when the Mach-E gang wants a v8 sound they can control it with a remote while driving šŸ˜‚

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
:) they could.

They can also chat about stripes, our Mustangs, science, and other none boring stuff. I mean they can have fun too like going from 0-60 in 3.8 seconds šŸ™„Passed me? Ummmm ok

But ...... we'll still have more fun hearing that v8 rumble. There's a company who actually makes various sound concepts for electrical cars, when the Mach-E gang wants a v8 sound they can control it with a remote while driving šŸ˜‚
Where do they hang the speakers? :crackup:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sounds just like my nephews Traxxas Lipo power RC buggy just a bit louder. No exaggeration.