Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The Ecoboost was suuuper punchy down low. I'd put it in first and it would launch like a damn hellhound. It was great. The GT, however, doesn't. I've destroyed many a GT right at launch, but give it about a second and a half and the GT ROARS past all competition. It's a completely different world, but it's awesome nonetheless. I think both cars are fantastic, but nothing beats the raw, naturally aspirated power of the coyote v8. I love it. I'll admit I'm a complete amateur at driving it, but with time I'll definitely get much, much better at driving it spiritedly.

Y'all have any tips on how to drive it like a pro? Clutch tips, gas tips, yadayada
I think the EB has more torque around 2500-3500 range... hardly enough to make a huge difference. Turbos just tend to have a completely different feel with power delivery I'll give you that. I miss the surge of power my turbos gave me in my other cars. Give the GT a little gas off the line and it will have hard pull. Then again with a tune, it's a different sensation. Regardless of stock or tuned, 1st and 2nd were pretty much useless with my 3.73 gears. What you will have to admit is the sound is very intoxicating. I only had stock exhaust for a week but I remember it still antagonizing me to constantly punch it just to listen to it.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, been pondering the same thing but content with the way mine is running right now.

TC :cheers:

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
The Ecoboost was suuuper punchy down low. I'd put it in first and it would launch like a damn hellhound. It was great. The GT, however, doesn't. I've destroyed many a GT right at launch, but give it about a second and a half and the GT ROARS past all competition. It's a completely different world, but it's awesome nonetheless. I think both cars are fantastic, but nothing beats the raw, naturally aspirated power of the coyote v8. I love it. I'll admit I'm a complete amateur at driving it, but with time I'll definitely get much, much better at driving it spiritedly.

Y'all have any tips on how to drive it like a pro? Clutch tips, gas tips, yadayada
Get the Steeda clutch spring and a MGW shifter. If you find your shifting starts to get notchy change out the transmission fluid. Unless your looking for all out performance put in 93 octane. If your just cruising around and DD to work etc you can use 87 octane with no ill effect.

I did the same switch almost 2 years ago. Switch from my 15' EB PP premium auto to my 15 GT premium 6-speed manual. Good luck and congrats :headbang:

Chaos_Agent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Premium GT
I just traded my new 17 GT for a new 17 GT

funny, I just traded my 17 Ingot Silver GT (Base), for a 17 Ruby Red GT (Premium). As far as I can tell, I got a great deal which means the depreciation hit was tolerable. I simply wasn't happy with Silver GT. Love the new Ruby Red!
IMG_3779.jpg

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Grats!. RR just barely lost out over LB.
Sponsored