BkissingK23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt premium convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everybody, just joined up after picking up this beauty. Ended up on this site thru my search for a fiberglass tonneau cover. Just personally love the look and knew i'd want one if i ever got a convertible. This is the 5th mustang i've owned so far. I have only found one company (clinchedflares) so far that does these and it is 1299. Just wanted to get any advice or opinions before I place the order.

gt2.jpg

gt.jpg

gt1.jpg
Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Clinched flares one is sweet. See @CJJon 's build for proof. 😁

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
BkissingK23

BkissingK23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Worth every penny IMO.
Do it!
Thank you, found your thread and that looks incredible. Do you think i can get by without painting it?

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Thank you, found your thread and that looks incredible. Do you think i can get by without painting it?
You'll definitely want it painted. It comes in an unfinished semi-matte black. It will fade in the sun.

It should be a cheap / easy paint job, remembering that there's no blending as it retains the trim ring along the perimeter of the convertible... tub? Especially having it painted shadow black.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
You'll definitely want it painted. It comes in an unfinished semi-matte black. It will fade in the sun.

It should be a cheap / easy paint job, remembering that there's no blending as it retains the trim ring along the perimeter of the convertible... tub? Especially having it painted shadow black.
I painted mine satin black. Used Krylon. It came out fine. I do have body paint for it, but I kinda like the satin.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BkissingK23

BkissingK23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

ok, gotcha! Thank you so much for the info. I was already figuring out how to tell the wife its gonna be way more now cause its gotta be painted, lol.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I painted mine satin black. Used Krylon. It came out fine. I do have body paint for it, but I kinda like the satin.
Long as there's something on it—I definitely wouldn't have guessed it was painted with Krylon though! Nice job, man.

This damn tonneau top alone is what keeps me undecided on fastback or convertible... 🙃

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Long as there's something on it—I definitely wouldn't have guessed it was painted with Krylon though! Nice job, man.

This damn tonneau top alone is what keeps me undecided on fastback or convertible... 🙃
I'll always own a rag top. With the spider cover the wind is much less an issue too.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I'll always own a rag top. With the spider cover the wind is much less an issue too.
Pops has one himself copycat... but, I don't ride in it too often. Obvious reason.

I think I'm just finnicky about being exposed to the world in a car. Being in one with the top down may change my mind on the matter.

OP
OP
BkissingK23

BkissingK23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pops has one himself copycat... but, I don't ride in it too often. Obvious reason.

I think I'm just finnicky about being exposed to the world in a car. Being in one with the top down may change my mind on the matter.
yeah, i get that. Everybody can look in and see all your business haha. My kids have already said, everyone is looking at us, put the top up.
Sponsored