Sponsored

FFTEC EcoCore FMIC Special Introductory Pricing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
David@FFtec

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1992 Eagle Talon, Porsche 944 Turbo
I can't order for Canada. I did PM you David. Thanks.
PM sent,
Yes we can ship to Canada and other countries outside the US, just call or email the shop for a quote to your location.

So would this make the price 400.00 shipped to 33544?
Please contact one of our sales guys for a quick shipping quote.
Sponsored

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
My thoughts exactly. In most cases, people that mod aren't worried about mileage too much. I might would be if I dropped from 20 to 16 mpg or similar, but dropping from 32 to 30 wouldn't be a huge deal to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
HA I wish I could get 30!! I can't get over 25 average per tank with 80% highway on a cobb tune using 93 octane.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Catless DP will likely throw a CEL without a change in the tune to disable the rear O2 sensor. Unless you use one like MAP's that has the J fitting for the second O2, I've seen that used before to trick the O2 sensor into thinking everything is working fine.

Intake and IC will work fine on OTS stage 1, that's what I currently have running on my car. If you purchase Access Tuner Race you can turn off the O2 sensor in the OTS map yourself.
Thinking the J fitting is the same as the 02 spacers VW guys use and it seems to work well in tricking the ECU...mostly for emission though is where I see people using this. I am lucky enough to not have emission so catless all the way :headbang:

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
So now you can put me on the list. :D I am broke now. Did cost me $600 CAD. But I safe money with my order in the long run. :D

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Thinking the J fitting is the same as the 02 spacers VW guys use and it seems to work well in tricking the ECU...mostly for emission though is where I see people using this. I am lucky enough to not have emission so catless all the way :headbang:
Yep, exactly. I've used spark plug anti-foulers in the past. You just drill them out a bit and stack one or two together with the O2 sensor, no more CEL. TN doesn't have emissions tests either, but we did when I lived in GA.

Rbaeza9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
How much hp / gains did you guys get with the eco intercooler? I plan on getting one pretty soon , I also have MMR CAI, Bomba racing blow of valve adaptor and Unleashed Tune

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
How much hp / gains did you guys get with the eco intercooler? I plan on getting one pretty soon , I also have MMR CAI, Bomba racing blow of valve adaptor and Unleashed Tune
You have a PM!

Sponsored

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
I too would like to know.

Hey fftec, can I use the 25% coupon in person and are th Eco intercoolers in stock and available to be picked up?

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
I too would like to know.

Hey fftec, can I use the 25% coupon in person and are th Eco intercoolers in stock and available to be picked up?
You have a PM!

OP
OP
David@FFtec

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1992 Eagle Talon, Porsche 944 Turbo
Horsepower gains from an intercooler are highly dependent on the tune and boost level used. If you're still on the stock tune/ stock boost the gains are small but noticeable. If you have a good tune that uses higher boost then you'll see large gains. Obviously, more boost makes more heat and a good core can handle the heat while keeping the intake charge cool.

The general rule of thumb is for every 10 degrees lower airtemp you gain 1 HP. We did some thorough testing of various intercoolers in our Torture Test thread and saw big differences in intake air temp. I don't mean to beat a dead horse but the data explains many aspects of how a boosted car works.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15638
The following log compares the stock intercooler to the EcoCore in a single 4th gear pull at 24 psi. You can see the peak temperature difference was over 48 degrees! Compare the two red lines, the bold red line is IAT of the EcoCore, while the faint red line is the stock intercooler. 97*F vs 145.5*F at the end of the pull.

That's just a single 4th gear pull. What about multi-gear pulls? Once you're off the dyno and out on the road the importance of a good intercooler is more apparent. Whether you're drag racing, road racing, or out on a backroads blast, any extended pull will put additional stress on the intercooler. The first dyno pull on the stock intercooler was always the best since it was still cool, but the stock core takes forever to shed heat so every pull afterwards yields less and less power. How do you compare different intercoolers when the stock intercooler looses more power on every pull? Is it a ten HP difference? yes. Is it a 20 HP difference? yes. Is it a 30 HP difference? Yes to all of the above. Push the car harder and the gains will be greater. In one of our brutal test sessions we saw almost 50HP difference between the worst pull on the stock core and the best pull on the EcoCore. But that just means we abused the stock core until it was a melted pile of goo. I really hope you guys upgrade the intercooler before the tuning reaches the next level, cuz trying to pick melted plastic end tanks out of the front subframe is no fun at all!

This is why we decided to do our big Torture Test. It wasn't enough to just show one pull on each core, there was more to it. Several of our customers have seen the same results that we saw during the Torture Test- out on the street or track the EcoCore keeps pulling where the stock core falls off. If you've done longer pulls or drag racing I'm sure you've felt the difference, too. The stock core pulls good in first and second gear, but then it gets weaker in 3rd, even weaker in 4th. The EcoCore already feels stronger in first and second gear and it keeps pulling strongly to the top of 4th and into 5th. That's why it's considered to be one of the best Bang-for-Your-Buck mods available!

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Can't wait to get my EcoCore installed... The task seems a bit daunting though, since I'm a beginner when it comes to turning wrenches. Do you guys provide a guide, better yet an install video?

But, the numbers look awesome. This along with a catch can are my first mods on the car. Next up, a tune.

EricRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Neo, we can get together and install both of ours at the same time if your down. I have only helped install a new intercooler on my focus st. It was a bit scary but we got through it. We can learn together.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.