Sponsored

FFTEC EcoCore FMIC Special Introductory Pricing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
LOL @ people worrying about the shutters.

I sense this thread heading the same way as the octane debate...

Maybe we need a new Ecoboost sub-forum for the guys that like the "Eco" part of the car...

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'd imagine Ford did extensive testing and with each unit shipped out with shutters it costs Ford money. I am going to go with Ford and think that the shutters are a real way to increase mpg.
We'll find out soon enough. I'll be completely removing mine and will do some good testing before and after their removal.

IMO, I don't think we'll see a noticeable difference in mileage, but even if so, I can't imagine it'd be more than 1 mpg lol. Besides who buys a Mustang for gas mileage?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Eco-boost Mustang
I bought the Ecoboost for mpg's, to have enough power and to make more power without decreasing.

Sponsored

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost
I promise Im not trolling... But if you care that much about economy then why look into power adders? Any savings in MPGs over a tank via leaving the AGS in will be negated the moment you go WOT.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I promise Im not trolling... But if you care that much about economy then why look into power adders? Any savings in MPGs over a tank via leaving the AGS in will be negated the moment you go WOT.
My thoughts exactly. In most cases, people that mod aren't worried about mileage too much. I might would be if I dropped from 20 to 16 mpg or similar, but dropping from 32 to 30 wouldn't be a huge deal to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost
Exactly besides in a tuned car with bolt ons its not out of the relm of possibillity for the car to pick up a few MPGs purely because the engine is making power more efficiently in daily driving situations. This offsets the increased fuel use during "enthusiastic driving."

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
I sense this thread heading the same way as the octane debate...

Maybe we need a new Ecoboost sub-forum for the guys that like the "Eco" part of the car...
That's not a bad idea, albeit probably one that won't be too popular. I regularly go to www.ecomodder.com for info and entertainment.

Personally, I like the idea of both substantially increasing hp while maintaining, if not improving, mpgs in dd usage.

If 'laps' is/was part of the reason for purchase, shutters shouldn't be on the car.

Anyone that wants to donate their removed shutters to me, I'll take 'em...I'd like to do some experiments....

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Anyone know how far I can go with aftermarket before I need a custom tune? I've got the Cobb 93 stage 1 map now. About to splurge on some parts and wanna if the tune will take it? Plan is Intake, IC and DP.

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Anyone know how far I can go with aftermarket before I need a custom tune? I've got the Cobb 93 stage 1 map now. About to splurge on some parts and wanna if the tune will take it? Plan is Intake, IC and DP.

Catless DP will likely throw a CEL without a change in the tune to disable the rear O2 sensor. Unless you use one like MAP's that has the J fitting for the second O2, I've seen that used before to trick the O2 sensor into thinking everything is working fine.

Intake and IC will work fine on OTS stage 1, that's what I currently have running on my car. If you purchase Access Tuner Race you can turn off the O2 sensor in the OTS map yourself.

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Thinking about getting the MAP DP anyways. Theirs is a catless but has that j fitting?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Thinking about getting the MAP DP anyways. Theirs is a catless but has that j fitting?
They offer both and their does have the J fitting.

Another trick that I've used on other cars is to buy a spark plug anti-fouler and drill it out and screw the O2 sensor into that before you put it in the DP. That basically accomplishes the same thing.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I can't order for Canada. I did PM you David. Thanks.

EricRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
So would this make the price 400.00 shipped to 33544?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.