Sponsored

Fellow Automatic Drivers, Why Did You Choose It?

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I've had many manuals and auto's in the past. My 15 EB was an auto but missed the sound of the v8 so i traded it for a 15 GT. Really love the sound of a manual v8 Mustang with a nice exhaust. My car sounds wicked with the Corsa extreme exhaust. I don't drive in much stop and go traffic but if i did i could deal with it. It's not a deal breaker for me. Manual over auto for me is pure preference nothing more.
Do you think a GT ,auto,3.55 with Flowmaster Outlaws doesn't sound good? Think again.The rev-matching sounds incredible.
It seems many male drivers choose the manual
to offset their sexual inadequacy.I guess they enjoy holding that big round knob and jerking it back and forth. Too bad,it wont actually make your dick bigger.
Sponsored

AmerikanishesPferd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saab 95 1.9T Hisch
Do you think a GT ,auto,3.55 with Flowmaster Outlaws doesn't sound good? Think again.The rev-matching sounds incredible.
to offset their sexual inadequacy.I guess they enjoy holding that big round knob and jerking it back and forth. Too bad,it wont actually make your dick bigger.
:lol: lololol :cheers:

I like how driving an automatic somehow makes the driver less of a man in the U.S. or that it means they don't like having fun driving. I'm considering a manual for my future purchase only because Ford has taken the low road and is charging a pretty penny for the auto variant.

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
................. Why does the Mustang GT not have a performance pack option with an auto?...........

I know....let the bashing begin...;)

They did..... Some 50 Year Anniversary models had that option....

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Sexual inadequacy???? LOL you obviously don't know me. I like the sound of the exhaust period. Understand that? I like the sound of the exhaust by way of a manual better than an auto. Get that? Touchy subject for you getting an auto huh? You sound like the one who has inadequacy's to interpret all you did by my post :doh: But then again your name is daytripper. Must be on another one of your day trips into never never land. :headbonk:

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
My C7 is manual. I don't drive it every day and the A8 transmission is faster but the M7 is more fun to use. It's my garage queen/toy/HP monster.

My Mustang is auto because I drive it every day, the auto is faster from a dig, the manual transmission gets a lot of bad reviews.

So I have both and am happy with both decisions.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Didn't originally want the automatic, I drove 3 manual GT's prior and one was showing it off to my dad in the car the day I made my order

Not saying my A4 was bad, but it felt alot better. Still, being realistic, I do work in NYC and I love to have (select) friends and family drive my car to experience it and get bit with the mod bug once I get my parts installed and then order a tune :)

In the future, I'll get a manual GT, But only after I can easily manage it while keeping Gia, since she's tons of fun :)

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I chose the automatic because I don't have a lot of experience driving manual.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
I owned a 2015 Mustang GT/PP. With the MT-82, combined with the 3.73's, I freaking HATED rowing through the gears...light to light, stop sign to stop sign, stp and go in traffic. It just took all the joy out of driving the car for me.

SOLD IT !

Bought 2016 Mustang GT/ Auto w/ 3.55's I absolutly love driving the Mustang now. I drive it in sport mode and I like the matching rev down shifts. When I feel I need a bit more shift control, I switch to sport mode on the selectors and the tranny and the paddle shifters work great for me, I can hold the gear as long as needed. No regreats this time!

I was peer pressured into getting the manual like some other guys. I was told...
If you get a Mustang it just has to be a manual. Screw that! Get what you like, its your $40,000.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I owned a 2015 Mustang GT/PP. With the MT-82, combined with the 3.73's, I freaking HATED rowing through the gears...light to light, stop sign to stop sign, stp and go in traffic. It just took all the joy out of driving the car for me.

SOLD IT !

Bought 2016 Mustang GT/ Auto w/ 3.55's I absolutly love driving the Mustang now. I drive it in sport mode and I like the matching rev down shifts. When I feel I need a bit more shift control, I switch to sport mode on the selectors and the tranny and the paddle shifters work great for me, I can hold the gear as long as needed. No regreats this time!

I was peer pressured into getting the manual like some other guys. I was told...
If you get a Mustang it just has to be a manual. Screw that! Get what you like, its your $40,000.
I got a lot of crap for getting an automatic and for not getting the GT. My money. I spend it the way I want. :thumbsup:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
That's the part [in bold] I'm actually looking forward to :D I don't have to do stop-and-go traffic (or even daily drive) fortunately, or I would've definitely made a different choice.

For my use case ...

Convertible + manual + 3.73s = :headbang:

My money. I spend it the way I want. :thumbsup:
Yeah, even in this short thread there's a ton of +great+ reasons why people buy an auto vs. a manual, and everyone's reasons are legit (regardless of whether somebody else agrees or not).

Heck, even a few folks who tried a manual first and were happier with an auto!

Last edited:

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods

SOLD IT !

I was peer-pressured by 2 car guy friends, and a few other "bystanders", too. I even ordered the GTPP originally. The very last test drive (auto in Sport+) WOT up to 100 and then back down sealed the choice for me. Changed my order, and I'm glad I did.

But I must say, that I get it - the sound of the "pauses" between gears of the manual is what is alluring to many of us, myself included. :cool:

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
My first Mustang was an auto because it was a daily driver and I didn't want to drive a manual every day. My second mustang was an auto because I got into index racing and the auto was a no brainer for that even the IMO the 5R55S was just meh. If I get the chance to get into S550 I will probably go auto again because I have heard great things from friends that have the car in an auto, but I will probably give more consideration to the manual this time.

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
Things have CHANGED!

The old automatics were not very good and definitely not sporty, hence the overwhelming preference for staying only with manual transmissions for "real" drivers. Nowadays most of the "supercars" are using high-grade automatics, not fragile manuals. For our Mustangs, the auto is very well engineered and built as well as very durable. I bought the 2.3T with the auto for my wife's sake (I was thinking of the manual also due to years of brainwashing) and was extremely surprised how sportily the automatic shifted when in "S" On tight-curved mountain roads, it was a blast and only used the paddle shifters once in a while. In urban traffic, the "N" works great ("S" actually being too aggressive). No regrets at all.