Sponsored

FBO 16' GT Results (2018 Intake Manifold)

CrwdKlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for One!
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to share the results of my build thus far. 2016 PP GT. Car has 2018 Manifold, SP OR 1 7/8 Headers, PMAS, 47 lb injectors, and MBRP Street Cat Back, tuned on e85 and Reische 170 Thermostat.

Put down 449.5 whp & 414 lb/ft

The 18 Intake Manifold works! Ended up doing IMRC lockouts on it since the pigtails are on national back-order, but for those on the fence, I think (dyno wise) the results are right on par with the gt350 IM.

You can definitely feel some torque loss down low with the IMRC locked out, but she pulls like a train up top.

12.1 @ 119 mph on all seasons last night at the track. Definitely going to need some DR to get the times down, but the MPH is on point.
Sponsored

5.0dad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks for sharing, thats awesome. who's tuning you ? I'm doing my install tonight (18' mani ) Little worried about torque though 3.31's, going lockedout.

OP
OP

CrwdKlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for One!
Any dyno runs especially comparing to the previous setup?
Base dyno with just the catback was 360 whp. Torque wasnt reading right so not sure on that number but picked up 89.5 whp

OP
OP

CrwdKlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for One!
Thanks for sharing, thats awesome. who's tuning you ? I'm doing my install tonight (18' mani ) Little worried about torque though 3.31's, going lockedout.
The 3.73's help (I think) being that the gears are so much shorter, but up top in the RPM's, its pulls hard. with the longer gears, its just going to pull that much more, so i wouldn't worry about it too much. That said, I'm ditching the lockouts as soon as my harness is in, but its fine for right now.

Tune was done by Elite Performance.

I will note that the ET and MPH that I gave were corrected since we out here in Colorado. The actual numbers were 13.4 @ 109 with a 7900 DA, but corrected at sea level that translates to the 12.1 @ 119. Figured there's not alot of guys out at this altitude so i wanted to give you all a more accurate number where the air is better to what you can expect.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
You can definitely feel some torque loss down low with the IMRC locked out, but she pulls like a train up top.

Does the IMRC play any role when WOT? AFAIK it is there for idle purposes.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
IMRC are for emissions and fuel economy. They are pretty much open all the time other than idle or light cruise. These aren't like the old split runner manifolds of the past where you are changing the runner size/length to affect the torque curve. The IMRC are used to increase swirl or tumble (whichever term you prefer) which increases the burn mixture resulting in lower emissions and better fuel economy. The latter of which is up for debate. With the midphase locks on the cams, they can retard intake timing and advance exhaust timing resulting in an internal EGR effect. That plays in with the IMRC control as well. This is why the cam timing needs adjusted for IMRC deletes. With the addition of the direct injection on the 2018, it gives Ford the ability to use Atkinson Cycle. I am not sure if they are utilizing it or not. Think new Tacoma V6 and the FA Subaru engines as comparison.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase