I'm a hip guy too I suppose.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Front end aggressiveness. This is where the 2018 loses me, or at least until I see a shot like this. I think the big hood/cowl of the current design gives the front end a mean, muscle look. However, there really aren't any angles on this generation that look bad IMO and that's hard to find in a lot of cars.
attachment.jpg

That right there says it all. :headbang:

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
Front end aggressiveness. This is where the 2018 loses me, or at least until I see a shot like this. I think the big hood/cowl of the current design gives the front end a mean, muscle look. However, there really aren't any angles on this generation that look bad IMO and that's hard to find in a lot of cars.
And this is the reason why I placed a MY17 order. When I saw MY15 it was modern muscle car love at first sight.

I am a super techie at heart, and the MY18 upgrades are really, REALLY nice and want, but at the end of the day I always fall back to the thinking behind this post.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I certainly agree the current 5.0 platform loves boost and in the end is cheaper to upgrade. I suspect the gen3 5.0 will experience GM's growing pains in the fueling department. Rule of thumb the current LT1 rods are good to 700 to the wheels etc. I'm perfectly happy to spend a few hundred dollars and a few hours of my time to tighten up the current IRS. Having now owned both cars their engines are just completely different animals. A lot of it has to due with tuning though. The Lt1 is lazy unless WOT then it runs like a raped ape. So far I enjoy that the 5.0 wants to rev easier based on my minimal inputs it feels more intuitive. Their 8 speed is boring unless in competitive mode which is only reached after WOT and remains in effect until it believes you are driving slowly. My test drive of the s550 was on a 3.15 manual car arguably the slowest of the bunch but I still had more fun based on feel than the faster SS. Realistically the crap build quality and after sale service is what had me looking to others in the first place they did get me on one of the 20 percent off sales. So far besides the car I'm enjoying the much larger forum and aftermarket community. With the last car you really had to search around for parts or even anyone who knew anything about the drive train thats out been out for over 3 years. With the S550 theres many one stop shops in parts or knowledge.
200.gif

200.gif

:lol::lol:

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
This is a forum member's (stang-man) car and these pics were the sole reason for me to get LB as well.

Damn that's a sexy coupe.
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1483.JPG

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The design and the 5.0

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Definitely the styling.

When I first saw the S550 in the flesh at a new car show in spring of 2014, it was love at first sight. Total lust like this had never happened before with any other Mustang unveiling and even my wife, who is indifferent to cars to a degree, even remarked "wow". I was already plotting the demise of my beloved '09 Bullitt before I left the convention center.

Two years after getting mine I still find myself walking around it and just looking at it under the lights in my shop sometimes. That's a styling win, folks. :thumbsup:

The power and handling are just gravy.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The handling/ride, styling, brakes, color, etc., etc.

oldgeezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT base, Ingot Silver, 6MT, 3.55
The way it makes me smile when I drive it!!!

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
No question: The '15+ Coyote motor! It's best version yet of one of the greatest V8s ever mass produced. I's amazing in stock form and mind-blowing with some boost. Free revving, broad power band, interesting and intoxicating exhaust note. Reliable, versatile and efficient.

What more could you want?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona