Fake Spec Sheet

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Indeed. But who would have thought a mass produced "pony car" would come with carbon fiber wheels and a NA FPC engine with revolutionary handling characteristics, for a song.

The folks at Ford Performance have pulled rabbits out of their hats before. Especially due to the long development time, I am expecting the same kind of surprises this time around

The weight certainly is plausible. The HP numbers? I don't think they are a far stretch, but based upon warranty and longevity, I could see why Ford wouldn't want to go there and back off.

Speaking of weight, I think that is the issue. Take the ZR1 for instance. I believe the weight of the ZR1 (which is 750HP) is in the 3600 to 3700 pound range. I think it would be near impossible to get a car based upon the S550 chassis down to that kind of weight in a production street legal car. So, my guess for the 500 is going to be in the 760-780 HP range along with a weight in the area of 38-3900#. Throw in a bunch of enhancements that have been developed, and I think you will be left with a very formidable track car.

I look forward to it.
760-780 hp and weighing under 3900# would make this an epic performance machine, how ever no way it'll weigh under 4100#.
Sponsored

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
The high HP guys might have to swap to a built automatic or manual transmission in order to hold the power.
Good luck getting the ECU to work with that.:crazy:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
760-780 hp and weighing under 3900# would make this an epic performance machine, how ever no way it'll weigh under 4100#.
I can't argue or debate that. We don't have the facts. I'm hoping for the best.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Do you know the old service department sign?:

-Fast Service

-Low cost

-Quality work

**** Pick Two ****

This is one of these situations. Ford could build the car to meet those goals without breaking out their thinking cap. It would be a $175K car though.

The only way they can get that sort of power out of 5.2L and meet emissions is with a ton of RPM's. A ton of RPM's means a whole lot more money in the motor.

What has a DCT in it that makes more than 750hp? A few zillion dollar hypercars? It would cost a fortune to get a DCT to live behind that sort of power and have a warranty.

Making it light is easy as pie. You just have to spend the money.
Closest I can think of from the factory is the Porsche 911 GT2RS, which is 700hp.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My guess is 1-3 days after 1000hp.:)
Possibly, Ive talked to my tooners already asking whether SCT or HPT will have the tools ready 1st, hes sure HPT ( good thing i have the Nguage already) and im sure they will start cranking out Hp day 1 they get theirs. I dont think 3 days though. it takes time to get / fabricate and install parts

The high HP guys might have to swap to a built automatic or manual transmission in order to hold the power. Of course, some people will just make the number once on a dyno and then never really use it.

If the rear tires spin it reduces the shock load on the drivetrain. So, just increasing the power doesn't necessarily mean that the transmission will get loaded more heavily. Only if the tires are big and sticky enough to hold the power - that's when parts will start breaking.
doubftul. There are maybe 3 GTRs in th world with different/Not DCT's and they are running stupid fast #s

Good luck getting the ECU to work with that.:crazy:
Motec/Syvecs

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Exactly. And how much are those? Also, no torque.
553ft/lbs.

The DCT unit Ford is using was originally designed for Super Duty Pickups. Good choice on their part.

I can’t think of a car higher than the Porsche that does not cost near $1mil.

Ferrari has a few cars hovering around 700hp, that use a DCT, under $500k. Anything over 800hp though is over a million Using a DCT.

I guess the higher end C8 Corvette variants would potentials when it comes out.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes, the Zora is getting the same trans as the GT500.
Isn't the Zora going to have a transaxle? Since you are so hung up on small details, I'm sure this is a big deal to you.

Oh, and have one of these.. :crazy:

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
Isn't the Zora going to have a transaxle? Since you are so hung up on small details, I'm sure this is a big deal to you.

Oh, and have one of these.. :crazy:
You can put the same trans in a trans-axle. The C6 and C7 are technically a trans-axle. They have T56's turns around and bolted up to the "diff". The Zora may have everything in one case, but the guts are still the same. Tremec didn't develop two different DCT's.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes, the Zora is getting the same trans as the GT500.
The Transmission use was a given, the HP figure is where I was getting at. It's all unknown, even the model lineup.
Sponsored