Sponsored

Factory Car Cover any good?

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I didn't order the factory car cover with my car, I figured I could find it cheaper somewhere else if I want one.

So in anticipation of getting my car, I'm starting to look at car covers. Is the factory one very good? And is it worth the money? I love the fact that it has stripes on it and the Cobra, etc., but it has to be a good cover for me to want it.

I plan on only using it indoors, so keep that in mind.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Razorsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 2016 Corvette Z06
I didn't order the factory car cover with my car, I figured I could find it cheaper somewhere else if I want one.

So in anticipation of getting my car, I'm starting to look at car covers. Is the factory one very good? And is it worth the money? I love the fact that it has stripes on it and the Cobra, etc., but it has to be a good cover for me to want it.

Thanks in advance!
I ended up getting 2 and will sell one that is still in the original box if you are interested . Great cover, mine stays indoors all the time with it on.

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Sorry, disagree, I was very disappointed in the qualityof the cover considering the cost. This and the overpriced vinyl stripes are the biggest ripoffs associated with this car. Buy an aftermarket cover.

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
If you're wanting a cover that looks cool then get the Ford one. If you want one for function then get the COVERCRAFT DUSTOP indoor CAR COVER.

Sponsored

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
It is a high-end cover made by CoverCraft, as others have stated. It is intended for indoor or outdoor use, but excels at outdoor protection.

The people who call it 'lousy' likely are expecting a plusher, softer material most suited to indoor protection.

If what you care about is indoor protection only, then yes, this may not be perfect for you.

But to to say it is a poor quality cover is simply wrong. It depends on your need.

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're wanting a cover that looks cool then get the Ford one. If you want one for function then get the COVERCRAFT DUSTOP indoor CAR COVER.
Again, it depends on your need. The Dustop indoor car cover would be less than useless outdoor and exposed to rain/snow/etc.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It is a high-end cover made by CoverCraft, as others have stated. It is intended for indoor or outdoor use, but excels at outdoor protection.

The people who call it 'lousy' likely are expecting a plusher, softer material most suited to indoor protection.

If what you care about is indoor protection only, then yes, this may not be perfect for you.

But to to say it is a poor quality cover is simply wrong. It depends on your need.
100%. The GT350 one is a little "stiff" and not plush like the some of the indoor only covers but it does the job and it fits great. The logos and stripes are cool as well. I park inside so I MIGHT get another cover, too but I'm glad that I have this one.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
If you want a very nice, high quality, indoor cover, get the Covercraft form fit custom cover. You can pic options and colors and they fit great. Best price I could find was autoanything.com. I don't have a pic of it on my car but here is one on my dually

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Again, it depends on your need. The Dustop indoor car cover would be less than useless outdoor and exposed to rain/snow/etc.
He stated "indoor" in his original post.
"I plan on only using it indoors, so keep that in mind."
Obviously that was what I was addressing!:doh:

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,

Thanks in advance!

Love the Ford factory cover, fits like a glove and great Logos to boot.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Best car cover i ever got, i first bought it for my '11 GT, then the '16 GT and loved it so much i bought another one for the Shelby. :thumbsup:

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He stated "indoor" in his original post.
"I plan on only using it indoors, so keep that in mind."
Obviously that was what I was addressing!:doh:
But you also said "If you're wanting a car cover that looks cool then get the Ford one," implying that the factory cover's only redeeming quality is its appearance.

So no, it wasn't completely obvious what you were addressing.

But that's ok, because you're right about the indoor one you recommended!

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
I vacuum bagged my original car cover and purchased this from Covercraft for actual use. Excellent fit. Very happy with it. They are unique to R and non R model GT350's

Around $225.00
IMG_2308.jpg

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
Hmmmmm, "order cover"

I am confused which is nothing new but....
My sticker said that the cover came gratis with the car (you know after you drop some big coin to buy the car). :lol:

I asked the salesman. He didn't even know. Then he said you know you're right.
So they handed me a box with the cover inside. So I am pretty sure you're supposed to get the cover with the car. I don't think you should pay for it.
Sponsored