Sponsored

Factory Car Cover any good?

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
I got the California Car Cover, Dustop custom for Track Pack/R. Fits perfect, very soft to the touch, seems durable enough for outdoor use ( indoor for me ). Sounds like it's a lot nicer than the Ford piece.... $229!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

For those looking, the GT350 car cover can be had on ebay here and there for around $250. I ended up buying one and figured I can just pick up a dustop if I don't like it.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I actually think the cover is not so good.. It is too tight in the rear if you have a track pack with the larger spoiler, and it is prone to scratch the spoiler (very shinny) plastic when you put it on. It shouldn't be that tight.
My previous cover on the GT500 was nicer, thicker with more insulating material inside, and better cushioning for scratches. I have not used it for this sole reason... I keep my car under a carport, but I don't have a garage at the moment..

i think you are better off, if you don't have this ford oem cover, buying some aftermarket as suggested above.
According to the Ford Accessories site, there's two versions. One for the raised spoiler and one without. Maybe you have the wrong one?

Raised Spoiler version:
https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/11336/s/kit/category/3026/

Normal version:
https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/11335/s/kit/category/3026/

I have a Track Pack and the cover fits perfectly, not too tight. It came with the car and is listed on my window sticker as a $375 option. It's made with the latest technology in fabric, so don't be fooled by its thin appearance. I like it.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Interesting that they don't show the R cover on that site.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think mine "was" in the trunk.
I don't think it would have been in the trunk upon departure had I not asked.
And by delineating it as Ful veh cov dealer inst accy it is not like writing
VEHICLE COVER $375 accessory
If it is the CC with stripes and logo, then you either got lucky and got it for free :headbang: or you paid for it somewhere in the cost and don't know it. :shrug:

I sure if you didn't see it listed, someone working at the dealer would either be putting it on their mustang or selling it on ebay. :paddle:

Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Interesting that they don't show the R cover on that site.
I always figured the one that says "raised spoiler" was referring to the R and the other one was universal for base, tech, and track packs. Did you get a cover with your R? If so check the box if you still have it and see what the part number is.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I always figured the one that says "raised spoiler" was referring to the R and the other one was universal for base, tech, and track packs. Did you get a cover with your R? If so check the box if you still have it and see what the part number is.
My box says GT350 R, specifically. The part number is the same as the others except it ends in FA.

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
I ordered mine with my car, so it is coming. My only question is: am I better off using it - the car will be in the garage all the time - except when it is being driven? I think someone once told me to put a soft sheet over the car first. My only concern is scratching the car with the Ford cover.

Any thoughts.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I vacuum bagged my original car cover and purchased this from Covercraft for actual use. Excellent fit. Very happy with it. They are unique to R and non R model GT350's

Around $225.00
Thanks for sharing, I'm going to get one of these for next summer when I'm parked in the sun at work (shade from trees aren't worth the sap and bird shit IMO). I thought about using the cover that came with the car, but I think someone would steal it :lol:

On a related note, there's a guy at an office building near where I work who daily drives a blue Ferrari 308 GTS. He typically covers it on hot days with a cheap looking red outdoor car cover.

Sponsored

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
Thanks for sharing, I'm going to get one of these for next summer when I'm parked in the sun at work (shade from trees aren't worth the sap and bird shit IMO). I thought about using the cover that came with the car, but I think someone would steal it :lol:

On a related note, there's a guy at an office building near where I work who daily drives a blue Ferrari 308 GTS. He typically covers it on hot days with a cheap looking red outdoor car cover.

Get one that has good UV protection. The one I got (Covercraft Dustop) has none. I would recommend the Covercraft Sunbrella. It's a little pricey but that damn Dallas Sun in the summertime! YIKES!

Go to the Covercraft website and compare the various types they offer. I would post a link here but I don't know how.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, the factory GT350 covers are the Weathershield HP fabric.

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Covercraft Custom Dustop Car Cover

You wont be disappointed
Been meaning to post since i got it. Love it [MENTION=18766]MaxWW[/MENTION] !! thanks again for the tip. The cover is quality and covers the car very throughly. For $200 and free shipping, dont think you can beat it. :clap2:

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
Been meaning to post since i got it. Love it [MENTION=18766]MaxWW[/MENTION] !! thanks again for the tip. The cover is quality and covers the car very throughly. For $200 and free shipping, dont think you can beat it. :clap2:
Glad you are happy with it!
Sponsored