Sponsored

Extended Warranty: Base, Extra, Or Premium?

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I just cancelled my existing warranty with my selling dealer, refund is pro rated so I'll probably get about 75% refund of what I paid (even though coverage has not actually started as my car is only 2 years old -- good deal for them, they got to keep a couple hundred bucks and provide no actual coverage for the term :( ). My contract says a $25 cancellation fee, but the finance manager told me $0, so hopefully no cancellation fee at least. They will send a check in the mail.

Since my car is already over 1 year old, is there any reason to even buy this extended warranty now, and not just wait until just before 36 months, basically 11 months from now)? It seems the prices one these warranties have only come down over the years and it remains otherwise constant rate wise between 1yr and 3yrs old, right?
Sponsored

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
@MikeR397 , funny i just replied to your maintenance plan thread and you replied here to mine.

i think the only concern for you to hold off before 36 mos exp is possible price increase. otherwise, pricing stays the same whether you are at 13 mos or 35 mos.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
resurrecting this thread. are you getting an extended plan, and if so, which one: base, extra, or premium?
I got a Premium ESP for my ‘18 CPO. I bought from Zeigler Ford online, 7yr./100k for $1500. Their prices are hands down the best!

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I'd gotten the Premium ESP from my dealer when I got the car, before I found out about M6G. They charged me $5k. Luckily, I was within the 30 days so I cancelled it because I saw how much of a ripoff it was.

I'll probably pick up the ESP at some point before my new-car-warranty runs out, but I've got a few years to figure it out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
looks like most of you go with the premium plan.

@ExtantPuzzle , $5k? LOL. What were you thinking?! :headbang: Glad you were able to cancel it. I have yet to get my ESP, still debating. I'm at 15 mos ownership now so my cost went up a little bit but not much. I'm really trying to find out if the BASE plan covers any and all engine and A/C issues. Those are my two biggest concerns. A few say that the BASE is sufficient to cover those things.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Went with Premium 8yr/60k/$0 ded, and at $1200, it was an absolute no brainer. Whoever bought the warranties soon after they got their '16/'17 GT350s slipped in before Ford fixed their mistake.

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I got a Premium ESP for my ‘18 CPO. I bought from Zeigler Ford online, 7yr./100k for $1500. Their prices are hands down the best!
Went with Premium 8yr/60k/$0 ded, and at $1200, it was an absolute no brainer. Whoever bought the warranties soon after they got their '16/'17 GT350s slipped in before Ford fixed their mistake.
How are you guys getting those prices? This is what I see on their website (Zeiglar)...

Screenshot (14).png

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
How are you guys getting those prices? This is what I see on their website (Zeiglar)...

Screenshot (14).png
I bought my car back in Aug '16. At the time, they didn't even specifically list the GT350. It was categorized as any other regular Mustang.

Try floodfordesp.com

Sponsored

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
looks like most of you go with the premium plan.

@ExtantPuzzle , $5k? LOL. What were you thinking?! :headbang: Glad you were able to cancel it. I have yet to get my ESP, still debating. I'm at 15 mos ownership now so my cost went up a little bit but not much. I'm really trying to find out if the BASE plan covers any and all engine and A/C issues. Those are my two biggest concerns. A few say that the BASE is sufficient to cover those things.
Hah, yea - that was not one of my brighter moments. I hadn't done a lot of research and went "welp, it's an expensive car and I want to make sure that I'm covered on engine/AC for the foreseeable future" - but luckily got educated here shortly afterwards.

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
ok i assume @ssmith891 also got his early then. those prices dont seem to be around anymore.

anderson-koch is probably the best right now. we'll see.
I bought my 2018 warranty from them which was the best price at the time. When I traded the car in 5 months later they had a refund check to me within 4 weeks, no questions asked. So great service from my experience.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
zeigler just offered me 8 yr / 36 k / $0 deduct for $1500 if i pay in full by tomorrow.

for comparison, anderson-koch is at $1595 for the same plan.
Back when I had my new 16 and then 17 Zeigler was the cheapest. And that was before they all wised up and raised the prices to almost triple what I'd paid for the Premium Ford plan.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I just went with Premium care 8 year 60k km. Paid $1800 CDN has a $100 deductible. Could have did Premium plus with no deductible 8 years 80k km and more daily car rental coverage but don't need that as I have another car. Coverage is the same as far as warranty work goes. But the extra $600 bucks for plus was not worth it for me.

I average 4000 km per year so I will never reach the max km anyway
Sponsored