Sponsored

3rd Party Extended Warranty or Ford ?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well its almost that time. I need to get a extended warranty. I was wondering who do you guys go with ? I recieved some info from Ford, but I been told that some 3rd party guys have better pricing and the same services. Was wondering who were some of the other players.

I bought one for my 16 F150 from Ford, and it has come in handy. So I'll do it for the Shelby as well....you never know.
Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I would go with Ford. Some of these third party companies fail and your stuck. You can shop the Ford warranties online for best pricing. Google it there are some good deals if you search.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
3rd party warranty's can be just as good as Ford's so long as you get it from a place with a good reputation. While I bought a Ford esp for the Mustang, I had a 3rd party one on my Expedition. Used it a few times, including a new transmission when it was 12 years old, with out any issue.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Go with the Ford ESP warranty. I got mine from Anderson and Koch Ford online. They had the best pricing at the time. The finance guy at the dealership I got my car from couldn't even come close.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
3rd party likely wouldn't replace the entire short or long block if it fails, but ford seems to do just that.... could be wrong, but that's the line of thought that pushes me towards ford.... 3rd party also may be less understanding about track use... IF they find out :)

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check Flood Ford for ESP priding comparisons - many M6G members have said they have best pricing too for an ESP.

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you guys, Flood Ford huh ? I have seemed to hear that name before. I'll look into it.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Thank you guys, Flood Ford huh ? I have seemed to hear that name before. I'll look into it.
Ford ESP for sure, and Zeigler Ford is hands down the cheapest. I got the 7yr/100k PremiumCare for my CPO ‘18 for only $1500. PM me for a $300 off code.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
If your car is not CPO’d, but within the factory 3/36 the cost is dramatically higher. I did a quick check and a 7/100k Premium Ford ESP plan was over $4000.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Ford ESP for sure, and Zeigler Ford is hands down the cheapest. I got the 7yr/100k PremiumCare for my CPO ‘18 for only $1500. PM me for a $300 off code.
Agree for sure on Zeigler Ford had it on my 17 before I traded it. And they prorated and returned most of the money back when I got rid of it. But you need to get it within the first year of ownership.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I tried Flood Ford, and I received a I am in Florida message...and they could not give me a online quote....Sigh....does that mean I have to go with the dealership ?? I'll try someone else and hope it can work.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Always always use Ford vs. any aftermarket warranty, especially for a GT350.

Give Champion Ford a call (http://championfordwarranty.com/) they had the best price by far when I purchased my ESP.
Agree on Ford insurance but you don't have to buy it at the high price from a Ford dealership. The Zeigler Ford insurance I had was way cheaper but the same one sold by dealership. I'd went in for an oil change at my dealership and was conversing with the parts guy about how much cheaper I'd gotten it. At first he assumed it couldn't be the same one that was sold by Ford at the dealership but a second or third party. He then looked up my vin and said by golly I was right there it was showing I now had the premium Ford extended warranty same exact policy they sell at a much higher cost.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Agree on Ford insurance but you don't have to buy it at the high price from a Ford dealership. The Zeigler Ford insurance I had was way cheaper but the same one sold by dealership. I'd went in for an oil change at my dealership and was conversing with the parts guy about how much cheaper I'd gotten it. At first he assumed it couldn't be the same one that was sold by Ford at the dealership but a second or third party. He then looked up my vin and said by golly I was right there it was showing I now had the premium Ford extended warranty same exact policy they sell at a much higher cost.
Only Ford can sell Ford insurance, so you can't buy it from a non Ford entity AFAIK. Each dealiership can sell it for whatever they want, and these guys had the best price (as far as I know) from the many I shopped with.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only Ford can sell Ford insurance, so you can't buy it from a non Ford entity AFAIK. Each dealiership can sell it for whatever they want, and these guys had the best price (as far as I know) from the many I shopped with.
Not true. This was the same premium Ford insurance word for word that you buy at a dealership. Like I said the parts guy when looking up my vin said I now showed that I had the same exact insurance they sell. Coverage the same. Excepted at all Ford dealerships etc. Just like if he would have looked up my vin to see if I had there extended warranty bought from a dealership. A 2nd or 3rd party insurance would not have showed up when looking up my vin showing I had premium Ford extended warranty either. Only thing is I had to buy it within a year of car being new. So if you want to pay more for exact same insurance at a dealership go for it. They're not going to tell you you can get it cheaper else where.
Sponsored