Sponsored

Extended Warranty: Base, Extra, Or Premium?

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
about to pull the trigger in an esp through anderson, they claim to be having a sale and are the cheapest of the 3 big online esp sellers. anyone had any issues with them? also, can you transfer the warranty if you sell to another private party?
they always have their "sale" sign up on their website. it's just the regular but excellent prices. i have not heard a single negative comment about them yet. seem very reputable. and yes, warranty transfers for a small fee.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
And maybe a stupid question stating the obvious, but this plan is good at any dealer nationwide with no goofy, well hidden restrictions?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
And maybe a stupid question stating the obvious, but this plan is good at any dealer nationwide with no goofy, well hidden restrictions?
It’s a Ford Motor Corporation warranty. Any Ford franchise dealership will honor it.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
about to pull the trigger in an esp through anderson, they claim to be having a sale and are the cheapest of the 3 big online esp sellers. anyone had any issues with them? also, can you transfer the warranty if you sell to another private party?
I'll be watching this thread, please let us know your experience.... still waiting the dealer I'm purchasing the car through to provide a price.... but also looking at Flood Ford as well as Anderson.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
I'll be watching this thread, please let us know your experience.... still waiting the dealer I'm purchasing the car through to provide a price.... but also looking at Flood Ford as well as Anderson.
just ordered it. 8 year/ 36k miles / $0 deductible premium care for $1495, no sales tax at least. got a confirmation email instantly with all the info on it. states i will get a completed contract within 10 business days.

since this is a ford warranty i expect it to show up on my ford pass app.

on a side note, these gt350 warranties are way more expensive then any other mustang, even the new gt500.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
just ordered it. 8 year/ 36k miles / $0 deductible premium care for $1495, no sales tax at least. got a confirmation email instantly with all the info on it. states i will get a completed contract within 10 business days.

since this is a ford warranty i expect it to show up on my ford pass app.

on a side note, these gt350 warranties are way more expensive then any other mustang, even the new gt500.
It will show on your FordPass eventually.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
One last stupid question. Anyone just wait until the 5 year factory powertrain is up to purchase warranty? Other than it looks like the price goes up.

And when I called FordProtect direct, she said if I go over the 36 month deadline, they need an inspection or something from a dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
One last stupid question. Anyone just wait until the 5 year factory powertrain is up to purchase warranty? Other than it looks like the price goes up.

And when I called FordProtect direct, she said if I go over the 36 month deadline, they need an inspection or something from a dealer.
5 yrs would be 60 mos. esp is only good up til 41 mos. price is lowest before 12 mos. goes up from 12-36 mos. then it bumps up again from 36-41 mos. not a huge increase (about $100 for each stage). i think the best time is between 12-36 mos if you're on the fence.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
So my car has arrived and I'm being offered the Auto Nation extended warranty (10yr/100k mile) vs the ford extended warranty (8yr/36k miles)*

not to highjack this thread but I curious to know if anyone looked at the AutoNation warranty? It's intriguing to have a TEN year warranty. Cost is double that of the 8* year Ford Protect warranty.....

The Rub:
If I don't bring it to an Auto Nation I have to pay a $100 deductible.

I generally believe in manufacturer warranties or nothing... but double the term of coverage is tempting as it is likely I will have the car for the full 10 years.

Thoughts, opinions, comments welcome!

TIA!

* edit:
I originally wrote that the ford was a 5 year extended. That was a mistake. It's the 8 year (5 additional years over the 3 year factory warranty).

ford 8 year / 36k miles: $1500
ford 8 year / 48k miles: $2200
AutoNation 10 year / 100k miles: $3500

Intention is to keep the car for the long term and drive roughly 5000 miles/year so the 36,000 miles warranty would leave me a but short (expiring early in year 7 base on milage).

Last edited:

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my car has arrived and I'm being offered the Auto Nation extended warranty (10yr/and I forgot exactly what milage was but that really doesn't matter anyway) vs the ford extended warranty (5yr/36k miles)

not to highjack this thread but I curious to know if anyone looked at the AutoNation warranty? It's intriguing to have a TEN year warranty. Cost is double that of the 5 year Ford Protect warranty.... which seems like a deal.

The Rub:
If I don't bring it to an Auto Nation I have to pay a $100 deductible.

I generally believe in manufacturer warranties or nothing... but double the term of coverage is tempting as it is likely I will have the car for the full 10 years.

Thoughts, opinions, comments welcome!

TIA!
you can get an 8/36 from ford

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
you can get an 8/36 from ford
leaning towards the ford 8 year / 48k mile warranty. Checked Flood and Anderson and Anderson came back with the best price of $2200.

I intend to drive the car about 5000 miles a year so the 36k miles warranty would leave me a bit short... it would expire early in year 7 based on milage.

Thanks for the reply!

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered my extended warranty less than a week ago and already has shown up in my Ford pass app. I haven’t gotten the email with a copy of the actual warranty contract but I expect that to come within the next few days once the holiday is over. Very impressed.

90E9D3C3-A45C-4D6E-A087-4B064C97919C.png
Sponsored