Sponsored

Experience with Ford Protect DentCARE?

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So I was cruising down the highway in my 6 week old Mustang GT and the vehicle in front of me threw up some metal object that clipped the side of my hood while trying my best to avoid it and not hit other traffic. Unfortunately it left two dents and two deep gouges in the hood. I purchased the Ford Protect TripleCARE package that covers tires, dents, and windshield because I feel it's inevitable for something to cause damage to my brand new vehilces.... Has anyone had experience using this program? It says they use a PDR for dents and dings lo larger than 4".....I'm going in tomorrow and seeing what I should anticipate... will they fix the dents and allow me to get the paint fixed elsewhere? or will they avoid trying to fix it all-together since the paint is clearly damaged as well?

I'll update after I have more information tomorrow as well, quite sickening to happen....
Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Dents are covered. Scratches for me were denied. You will likely have to handle the touch-up on your own.

OP
OP

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Dents are covered. Scratches for me were denied. You will likely have to handle the touch-up on your own.
Thanks for the reply! I figure that’s my best case is just to have the dents fixed and further assess. But short of a respray I don’t know that I’ll be happy with the outcome given the scratches are down to the metal. Maybe I just need to go ahead and get a CF hood :frown:

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Once the dents are out, if you take your time with dr colorchip, you can get nearly perfect results on darker cars. Those scratches don't seem too bad. Build up the layers and then buff out the excess. In the end, if you didn't know where to look, you wouldn't see it.

You may be lucky and the PDR guy may say that it's impossible to work on Aluminum and Ford may have to give you a new hood. Some PDR guys wont touch aluminum with a 10ft pole since it stretches when you dent it.

Best of luck!

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I swear driving on the highway, especially in an urban area, is like a damn minefield. There's just so much trash and debris on the road, falling off trailers, etc.

Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with USGIORGI.
Dr Colorchip is your best case to repair the scratches. Some dent repair guys carry touch-up paint or can recommend someone who airbrushes troublesome scratches.
Sponsored