Ford Protect extended warranty anyone?

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I have a 2016 V6, 18k miles and the warranty is about to expire. I do have 3 years to pay as I took a 72 month - 0% Ford Credit loan. I have chosen to make money elsewhere vs. paying off the car at this time. I am concerned about the factory warranty expiring and am done modding the car. I have not done anything that would void the existing warranty. I have been pinged by Ford to purchase an extended warranty through Ford Protect. Any users out there? Pros and Cons?
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

What you're up against is a good old-fashioned crapshoot. I got the extended warranty on my Sport Trac when they offered it and it paid for itself with a serious transmission repair. It really comes down to if you're willing to lay the cash out now, or if you have it to lay out later when something expensive breaks.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
Think of it as an insurance policy. You will be very glad you have it if you ever need it. Others are willing to take the risk. Might come down to your ability to pay for a major repair if one comes your way. I have also seen some without coverage that will not repair small problems that would get repaired if extended coverage was in effect. It really comes down to your comfort level.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check out Flood Ford for any type of extended warranty plans or maintenance plans; they offer the best pricing available.

Flood Ford is well known on many Ford forums and the Warranty or Maintenance plans are genuine Ford plans - same as offered by other franchised Dealerships and directly from Ford.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I always get it on performance cars,like my gt.i had major issues with my 14 shelby,and the warranty covered it.also,when you sell your car,if it's under warranty you'll get a bump up in price,at least I did last year selling a vette.i think your tranny and engine carry 5 year warranty,bumper to bumper is.stay with Ford insurance,others may not supply dealer service everywhere.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
If you build a savings account for such emergencies then you don't need to take the gamble. You can put the money you would have blown on the warranty into that same savings account or invest it elsewhere. There you go. No more worry about whether its a good investment or not.

You indicate you have the payoff money invested elsewhere. That is your insurance for a major break assuming its not locked down for a minimum period of time in something like a CD. Therefore you have no need to waste the money on the warranty extension and that money as well can be invested or placed in savings for a rainy day fund as well.

Seems to me you'd rather" sell short" so to speak, banking on the hope that the car has a major failure to profit on the warranty investment. Doesn't make wise investment sense to me but its your money.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It all depends on your personality and level of comfort. Are you a person who takes things as they come and deal with them at that time? Or are you the person that worries about what could happen and need to plan for it. Once you have determined that the decision is fairly easy. The Ford plans through Flood are really not that expensive and could ease your mind that something really expensive could happen. Then again, maybe not. Let's also keep in mind our cars are not without issues, expensive ones at that. Just something to ponder. Good luck with whatever you chose.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
I honestly believe it's worth it.

I live in Florida as well, and all 3 of my mustangs I've owned (12, 15 eboost, 15 GT) needed the famous evaporator core replacement (tends to happen more often in warmer states). Luckily the 12, and 15 eboost were still under warranty. The GT was a hair over 36k when it went out on me - I bought the extended care right before the bumper-bumper warranty was over, so it already paid for itself twice over.

Unfortunately, Florida is one of the states that allows dealers to sell the extended warranties at MSRP or higher by law. (There's a way around this, I can PM if you'd like)

It's just peace of mind - If you decide later that you don't feel like its worth having, you can always cancel it for a pro-rated refund which is nice.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
If my GT sold for 1,700 dollars more yet offered a 125k/8Y warranty it isn't like I wouldn't buy the car.

The emergency saving plans are great. We do that as well for several things. The only issue is there could be a 4-7k dollar repair. I'm not sure how you get 1,700 bucks to be 7k dollars in 5 years or.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I bought the Ford ESP for my Lincoln LS and that turned out to be the best "investment" I ever made. Got me an entirely new transmission after mine went out at 5 1/2 years old/60k miles. I will always buy it, and I will order it from Flood Ford.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I have a 2016 V6, 18k miles and the warranty is about to expire. I do have 3 years to pay as I took a 72 month - 0% Ford Credit loan. I have chosen to make money elsewhere vs. paying off the car at this time. I am concerned about the factory warranty expiring and am done modding the car. I have not done anything that would void the existing warranty. I have been pinged by Ford to purchase an extended warranty through Ford Protect. Any users out there? Pros and Cons?
V6 mustangs seem to have a lot less issues than say the GT's. IMHO you will be just fine sticking with factory warranty and use that extra money to pay off the car or stash in an emergency fund.

duckydave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt premium black w/50 yr appearance pkg

OP
OP

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Well just something that makes you go Hmmm.... 8 year, 100k mile policy with a VA address - $1,440. In FL the identical policy is $3,195. The law regulates extended warranties in FL and it falls under insurance regulations. You must have a FL licence to sell it here. No online sales without that licence. No bargaining allowed, same price for all.

Somebody please pass me the lube.

Deleted member 35644

Another reason FL sucks. I'm from Jacksonville and most of my extended family are in Gainesville, so I have a long list.

Do you want that lube with, or without Lidocaine? You'll need it for multiple reasons if you live in FL.
Sponsored