Sponsored

Expansion valve replacement

jody858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Has anyone had their expansion valve replaced? Mine is likely stuck open. I had it diagnosed while I was out of town when I first noticed the issue of AC not blowing cold enough. Not hot air, but for sure not cold. He hooked up his refill/collector machine and both high and low pressure was good, so no loss of refrigerant. He's a former Ford Certified tech, who opened his own shop, so pretty trustworthy on the diagnosis. He would have repaired it for me, but no one local had the part in stock, and I was 700 miles from home. Had to head back the next day, so no time to wait. He made it seem he could have replaced it in a few hours. He had the machine to empty the R134a from the system and collect it, suck out all the moisture as well, replace the part, and refill using a refrigerant scale to get it back to spot on.

I need to locate a trustworthy tech here in town to do the work. I could do it myself. The only thing I couldn't do is collect the existing refrigerant. As silly as it is, releasing R134a into the atmosphere is a federal crime, oh dear.

In the meantime would love to hear from anyone who has had this issue.
Sponsored