Sponsored

Exhaust

butteroj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBPP
Howdy all. 1st time Stang owner. Not looking to add much in terms of performance as this is my commuter car and will not be driven hard, but I would like some noise. What is the least expensive axle back available?

:cheers::cheers:
Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Another vote for muffler delete. Probably best sounding and cheapest

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Would the muffler delete essentially be the magnaflow race axle back?
Also can anyone comment on the difference between the magnaflow race and the flowmaster outlaw axle backs?

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
Would the muffler delete essentially be the magnaflow race axle back?
Also can anyone comment on the difference between the magnaflow race and the flowmaster outlaw axle backs?
Yeah I'm pretty sure the magnaflow race is just a muffler delete. The outlaw axleback has small mufflers on it at least.

I personally don't like the sound of the muffler delete. I like something a little smoother with less rasp. It's all personal preference though. :cheers:

Sponsored

nolezack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM Performance Pack
$800-1000 for a catback exhaust...... or $150-175 for muffler delete. The sound note is not much different. If anything its deeper with muffler delete and you save $500-800 to spend on parts that actually matter like an intercooler.

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Yeah I'm pretty sure the magnaflow race is just a muffler delete. The outlaw axleback has small mufflers on it at least.

I personally don't like the sound of the muffler delete. I like something a little smoother with less rasp. It's all personal preference though. :cheers:
The Magnaflow Competition series is a small round body muffler setup. The Magnaflow Street series is the typical oval body Magnaflow mufflers like you'd see in a store.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I'll eventually go back to running stock mufflers with a downpipe and cutout... For now muffler delete will do since it cost me $90

Rankor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY Ecoboost 6R80
Another vote for the muffler delete. Dirt cheap, and pops and crackles for days.

Sponsored

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Flowmaster Outlaw axleback. It sounds great, but it has some drone at or below 2000 rpm. I think I'll live with it, but if I had to do it over again I probably would have gone a different route (Roush axleback perhaps).

If you're looking for cheap, you might as well try the muffler delete as others have suggested. The flowmasters are so wide open and straight through that it's not that much different than straight piping it. Of course it looks nicer with the big flowmaster tips, but the muffler shop should be able to install some nicer tips when they do the muffler delete.

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Would you guys toss up some pics of your muffler delete setups? What does the finish product look like?

cal_gecko

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
$800-1000 for a catback exhaust...... or $150-175 for muffler delete. The sound note is not much different. If anything its deeper with muffler delete and you save $500-800 to spend on parts that actually matter like an intercooler.
way cheaper than that for a cat back. I got an MBRP race aluminum cat back for a LOT less than what you mention - installed it myself in my garage ... piece of cake, and love the sound.. my car is a commuter, and I wanted something rumbly, but not obnoxious... I'm beyond happy with it.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Howdy all. 1st time Stang owner. Not looking to add much in terms of performance as this is my commuter car and will not be driven hard, but I would like some noise. What is the least expensive axle back available?

:cheers::cheers:
A muffler delete give the car a nice sound without being too loud, as well as being alot cheaper then any system. We also have great loyalty pricing on the MBRP brand cat backs as well as Magnaflow axle backs and cat back exhaust systems. All you need to do is create an account on our site and log in and the pricing will be discounted automatically for you. :headbang:

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Does anyone have any videos/sound clips of the muffler delete? I'm in a similar situation as the OP, looking for slight increase of sound for my DD

Also, just was looking at the prices for some of the axle back setups, basically the same price if not more than cat back systems, any idea why thats the case?
Sponsored