Sponsored

Exhaust advice

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Hey guys and gals, I have a customer at my shop with a '17 ecoboost that he bought for his teenage daughter. She wants a little more exhaust volume(actually she wanted a GT but dad said no haha) and obviously the parents are hesitant. For the GT a simple mod is to remove the resonator to get a little more rumble without excessive volume, is there a similar mod for the ecoboost that doesn't ruin the exhaust note? I have zero experience with the turbo-4 as I've been working on the Coyote all this time. Dad loves cars and isn't opposed to modding the car, but I know how easy it is to ruin an exhaust with obnoxiously loud systems(coyote included) so I want to give them good advice other than to just leave the car alone. Thanks a bunch!

edit: BTW dad traded a '16 GT350 for the car plus cash(was white with blue stripes:hail:) and also has a 991 turbo and 997 GT3 in his collection. He's definitely a cool guy and his daughter loves cars. We might have some fun with this. Also I could totally sell both my Mustangs for that GT3; did a basic service on it last month and took it for a fun road test(full permission) and it was epic.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
I have muffler delete and it sounds pretty good to me. Not loud at idle but screams at wot but most importantly is not drone. Suggest try that route first and if she don't like it no harm done, it's coming out anyway.

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I have muffler delete and it sounds pretty good to me. Not loud at idle but screams at wot but most importantly is not drone. Suggest try that route first and if she don't like it no harm done, it's coming out anyway.

What does that sound like on a cold start? I can imagine it would be boomy.

Sponsored

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
What does that sound like on a cold start? I can imagine it would be boomy.
It's louder and deep but not real loud, or anything crazy and it quiet down in less than a couple of minutes.

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Check out this youtube clip by Ecobeast, search mustang ecoboost muffler delete. The sound is accurate and gives you an idea how loud it is at start up.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Magnaflow Street Cat-back will give what they are looking for. It has a nice low end exhaust note but is still neighbor friendly. I turn my radio off a lot just to listen to. It while driving.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Hey guys and gals, I have a customer at my shop with a '17 ecoboost that he bought for his teenage daughter. She wants a little more exhaust volume(actually she wanted a GT but dad said no haha) and obviously the parents are hesitant. For the GT a simple mod is to remove the resonator to get a little more rumble without excessive volume, is there a similar mod for the ecoboost that doesn't ruin the exhaust note? I have zero experience with the turbo-4 as I've been working on the Coyote all this time. Dad loves cars and isn't opposed to modding the car, but I know how easy it is to ruin an exhaust with obnoxiously loud systems(coyote included) so I want to give them good advice other than to just leave the car alone. Thanks a bunch!

edit: BTW dad traded a '16 GT350 for the car plus cash(was white with blue stripes:hail:) and also has a 991 turbo and 997 GT3 in his collection. He's definitely a cool guy and his daughter loves cars. We might have some fun with this. Also I could totally sell both my Mustangs for that GT3; did a basic service on it last month and took it for a fun road test(full permission) and it was epic.
I have a gt4 Cayman white with black trim that was handed down when my dad past away mate.:headbang:

The best sounding exhaust was a custom job
It had a stainless 3in cated down pipe a 2.50 y pipe stock 2.25 back to two dbx flow master mufflers . I did this and you tube gt2300 and you can hear me take ,and a soft take off :ford:

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
From experience, I wouldn't change the exhaust on the eco. Doesn't sound all that good.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
From experience, I wouldn't change the exhaust on the eco. Doesn't sound all that good.
I had an EB for three years, and I'd tend to agree. I listened to a lot of exhausts during that time, and couldn't find one I loved. Cutting the mufflers out only makes it sounds like a Civic with the mufflers out, IMO. Though, if I had changed exhausts I'd probably have gone with MBRP.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I've had my MBRP exhaust for quite some time now. I have the race version. I'd probably recommend the street version exhaust for her and maybe a blow off valve adapter or the chair leg mod for that turbo blow off sound. Good combo.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I've got my GT cat-back installed now with a Vibrant bottle-type resonator. It's really quiet but has a super deep baritone sound to it with some pops on decel. I really dig the tone but I want a tad more volume. The people that have heard it tonight really love the tone though.

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Magnaflow street. Its barely louder than stock outside of the car but it sounds so much better inside and it gives it enough volume. I feel like it sounds like it should have come from the factory like this.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I ran MF competition Catback and loved it, it got some loving from UK v8 owners too. a nice loud bassy tone.

I now run it with a custom cobb 3" downpipe w/HFC 200cel (custom to get around the RHD steering column), and it's bat sh1t loud, super aggressive, brilliant tone to it and I love it.
Sponsored