Sponsored

Exhaust Valve Rattle

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what was the resolution? It’s especially noticeable on cold starts, but can still hear it on warm starts also at elevated idling rpms. Only the drivers side is having the issue.
Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Is the car outside or in a garage? I thought I had this issue only to find out it was the garage door vibrating from the exhaust noise.

z1huggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So mine does that. Cold start revving has a tinny rattle from the exhaust and only with valves closed and tends to go away when warm.. Oddly mine sounds like the drivers side also.

From my research on the forums, the actuators have a spring that connects the electric motor to the valve that can get weak. The part number of the spring is JR3Z-9449-A

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-valve-assembly-retainer-spring-jr3z9449a
picture is inaccurate on just about every website cuz it really looks like a small pretzel lol

Haven't done mine yet, waiting for warmer weather

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
My 2023 California Special, passenger side has a rattle on first cold start-up. Once the idle drops and I switch it over to Track mode, the rattle disappears.
Has anyone had this fixed by a dealership? What did they do?

Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My Corsa had a wicked rattle on a cold start. I took a set of 1/2 x 28 barrel shims and a feeler gauge, measured the gap, set up a shim stack .010 less, put one cut in them to get around the bottom of the valve, and the rattle is no more. Still plenty of room to actuate but it was enough to kill the vibration/frequency.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
This must be a fairly common thing. I had a rattle in my 2019 Conv GT while driving under lower throttle. I could here it when slowly passing parked cars, the rattle sound would reverberate. Traded the car in before I fixed it. Would love to know the solution for future.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase