Exhaust upgrade

KevinO.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby gt350
Hello, I'm curious if anyone here has installed the Corsa double helix x pipe? And if so, did it really make that much of a difference ?? Or should I just go with a complete exhaust system? If I do that it will be between either Corsa or Borla Atak.
Thanks, Kevin
Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Hello, I'm curious if anyone here has installed the Corsa double helix x pipe? And if so, did it really make that much of a difference ?? Or should I just go with a complete exhaust system? If I do that it will be between either Corsa or Borla Atak.
Thanks, Kevin
I have the Corsa x pipe and love it. Lots of crackles and pops on deceleration and on upshifts. Also 0 drone and quiet when the valves are closed. I think it’s the perfect sound and recommend trying that before a cat back because then you can just get the axel back portion from Corsa. Never been as much of a fan of Borla to Corsa. Corsa seems to have way better designed X pipes.

Sponsored

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I have the corsa double X, the exhaust sound is noticeably louder with the valves open. I feel it has it's own sound compared to other X delete pipes with a higher pitch which is a Corsa trade mark sound....I don't feel the expense of a full Corsa cat back will get you much more for the extra you will pay to replace the stock active exhaust mufflers.
The other thing is the debate of which delete pipe sounds closer to the "R" with factory resonators deleted. Some pipes are 2.5" and others like the Corsa are 3" in diameter and I'm sure the diameter does change some sound dynamics.
I didn't know about the LTH delete pipe from Lethal Performance when I installed my Corsa, but the LTH pipe is the same diameter as the factory pipes at 2.75" and would most likely copy the "R" tone if that's what your looking for. There one third the price and shorter in length....personally I would try those first and if that didn't do it for you, you can always go with the much longer Corsa....as I should have done that myself....too late now.

Drafty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350R
I've always been a Borla fan. Picked up the Atak and will see how much it does to satisfy my ego.

OP
OP
KevinO.

KevinO.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby gt350
I've always been a Borla fan. Picked up the Atak and will see how much it does to satisfy my ego.
Please let me know what you think after after you get it installed. 👍

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have a Borla ATAK cat back on my car now for about a month or so. Coupled with an H pipe, I love the sound along with saving 13 pounds over the stock exhaust. Premium quality...

Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
We have one of the Corsa midpipes in stock and full Borla systems.

Its definitely worth the upgrade.

Let us know if we can get you taken care of with the exhaust.

-Josh

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I have the corsa double X, the exhaust sound is noticeably louder with the valves open. I feel it has it's own sound compared to other X delete pipes with a higher pitch which is a Corsa trade mark sound....I don't feel the expense of a full Corsa cat back will get you much more for the extra you will pay to replace the stock active exhaust mufflers.
The other thing is the debate of which delete pipe sounds closer to the "R" with factory resonators deleted. Some pipes are 2.5" and others like the Corsa are 3" in diameter and I'm sure the diameter does change some sound dynamics.
I didn't know about the LTH delete pipe from Lethal Performance when I installed my Corsa, but the LTH pipe is the same diameter as the factory pipes at 2.75" and would most likely copy the "R" tone if that's what your looking for. There one third the price and shorter in length....personally I would try those first and if that didn't do it for you, you can always go with the much longer Corsa....as I should have done that myself....too late now.
Just to clarify incase someone is confused because I was confused for the longest time. LTH is not Lethal Performance. LTH is Long Tube Headers which can be purchased via Lethal Performance.

Lethal Performance makes their own pipe also but its 3".

The closest to the R is the LTH because its 2.75"

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
Bluemoon, You are adding to the confusion. LTH is a brand of resonator delete that Lethal sells. Their own version, which is what I have, is made for them by Stainless Works.
Yes, a company called LTH could be confused as a reference to long tube headers, but not in a conversation about resonator deletes.

Last edited:

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933